II. Annoying, Prudes, Ugly, Devilish?

Charlotte stood in front of the mirror, her dress laid out in front of her bed as she did her makeup. It was light, only lipstick and a bit of blush.

Her hair was brushed and done in an easy but neat bun, a few hairs framing her face as it complimented her greatly, showing who she was. Someone beautiful but not easy.

Quickly she put on her red dress as her personal maid, Selene, knocks on the door. "Princess, I must insist you make haste as we have to go to Lady Danbury's hall with the majesty," Selena calls through the door.

"I'll be out at once!" Charlotte rushes out, finishing the corset on the dress, before she admired herself in the mirror. She must admit, she looked stunning.

Before applying more red lipstick she exited her room. "I- wow." Selene looks at her, her mouth agape. "Thank you, Selene." Charlotte blushes under her gaze.

"Come, Princess, we must go." Sir, Lucas rushes around the corner, ushering the two off, his mouth agape as he looks at the young women he is sworn to protect. "You look rather lovely." He compliments her as Arthur approaches, wearing a matching suit, it had a red lace pattern on it while it was fully black.

"You looks dashing for once." Charlotte teases him as he rolls his eyes fondly. "I would say you look beautiful but Auntie taught me not to lie." He shoots back making her let out an offended gasp as they enter the carriage.

{_👑_}

Her Queen Aunt had arrived before them, making her a bit late but no one was out with their carriages. With Arthur at her arm, she exited the carriage, both looking stunning in their dress and suit.

As they entered Lady Danbury's ball, they caught the attention of everyone around them. All looking at the future Queen of the kingdom. She looked breathtaking.

Nodding her head slightly at her twin, they both kept their head up as they made their way over to her Queen Aunt.

"So many flowers." Her aunt begins to but stops when she spots her crowned niece and her bodyguard. "What I really seek is a gem, and we have a Ruby right here." She smiles, hugging her niece.

"You look exquisite, Charlie." The Queen tells her, making a large smile appear on Charlotte's face.

Charlotte stood out against every lady there, everyone wearing pastel colors but she dares to change the pallet to dark and passionate red.

"And you look handsome Artie." Her aunt kisses her twins cheek, fixing his curly hair as she inspects both of them.

"Go dance, have a bit of fun." The Queen tells her nephew and niece, seeing Lady Danbury arrive with a guest.

Listening to her aunt, she and Arthur join the dance, in the center of everyone as the room couldn't help but gawk at them.

As the music stops, they both bow to one another, before exiting the dance floor.

Arthur leaves to go grab a snack for Arlo as she allows herself to flush to the back of the room, watching as Eloise and her family enter the room, making Charlotte gawk at her.

She watches as one of the younger suiters tries to approach Eloise but her brother, Benedict, drags her away, seemingly losing her as she walks to the gardened area. Charlotte follows, seeming just in time as two gentle men ask her to dance, as she stands near her friend, Penelope Featherington.

She notices Eloise's posture shows awkwardness, and didn't seem like she would like to dance with either of them. "Apologies gentlemen, but I have to speak to Miss Bridgerton, so excuse us." Charlotte's voice catches all their attention.

The gentlemen and women bow at her, the men mumbling apologies before walking off, making Eloise sigh in relief.

"Your Grace, what can we help you with?" Penelope asks, amazed that the crowned princess is talking to them.

"I would like to ask for your company, as it seems all the ladies here are..." Charlotte struggles to find the words as she doesn't want to be rude.

"Annoying, Prudes, Ugly, Devilish?" Eloise lists for her as Penelope hits her arm. Charlotte laughs at her, nodding as she seemed to describe it just right. "Exactly." Charlotte sighs.

"I'm Charlotte, but you guys can call me Arlo." Arlo reaches her hand out for them to shake. "I'm Penelope." Penelope shakes her hand, a kind smile that Arlo could tell was genuine.

"I'm Eloise." Eloise shakes her hand, making Charlotte smile deeply, it felt like someone stuck fireworks in her stomach and set it off at that moment.

"Hi?" Charlotte breathed out, almost like a question as her mind was too wrapped around Eloise shaking her hand.

"Thank you, for saving me. Men seem to be interested in me. Unfortunately." Eloise groans slightly, glaring at the dance floor to their right.

"Yeah, I get that." Charlotte agrees, a smile etched on her face. "You both look gorgeous." Charlotte compliments the two, making Penelope smile at her.

"Princess?" Sir Lucas calls out, trying to find the heiress, making Arlo duck behind Eloise. "Shit."

"Your hiding from your guard?" Penelope questions, finding it rather odd.

"I do not wish to dance," Charlotte tells her. "I rather pet a porcupine than have all those eyes on me." Charlotte backs away from Eloise once Sir Lucas disappears from her sight.

"You are rather odd." Eloise points out making a dopey smile appear on Charlotte's face. "Thank you, Bridgerton."

"Princess, there you are!" Sir Lucas calls out, approaching them, making Charlotte groan.

"What are you talking about, I've been here the whole time?" Charlotte plays innocent making her guard glare at her. "Yet I didn't see you a second ago." He tells her, unaware of the looks of amusement the ladies were shooting Charlotte.

"You must be getting blind with your old age. It's okay Sir Lucas, we all have flaws." Charlotte tells him, making the girls try and cover their laugh as the guard shoots her an offended look.

"Your brother requests to leave, he feels a bit ill." Sir Lucas tells her, making Charlotte nod, understanding.

"Then I must go. By Miss Featherington. Bye, Bridgerton." Charlotte nods her byes before leaving, making her way back to the castle, alone once again.

______________________________

What do y'all think?? A