XI. Emerald Lovers

"Maybe you should play dirty too."
{_👑_}

Charlotte watches as the Bridgertons clap for Edwina's missed shot before they departure into their own conversations.

Charlotte pulls Eloise to their own secluded area. Charlotte looks around, making sure no one is paying attention as she pulls Eloise behind a statue.

"What?" Eloise goes to ask but she gets cut off by the Princess lips. She quickly melts into it before they departure. "What is that for?" Eloise asks, a bright smile on her face.

"Nothing, just wanted to kiss you." Charlotte responded, her own giddy smile on her face.

"You are weirdo." Eloise pokes her, teasing her lover. "Yeah but I'm your weirdo." Charlotte pokes her back, laughing at their bliss to the world.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Eloise pecks her lips quickly before grabbing her hand. "Now shall we return to the horrid game?" Eloise starts dragging them away, making Charlotte chuckle.

"Only horrid because you suck at it." Charlotte points out, making Eloise let go of her hand and smack her playfully. "Hush you. Your only beating me because you play dirty and I don't."

Charlotte smirks at her, laughing at he r being a sore loser. "Maybe you should play dirty too." She winks at the Bridgerton girl before she hurry's off to her twin, leaving Eloise blushing faintly.

Both too caught up in their own world to see Viscountess Bridgerton and Lady Danbury watching their whole exchange, with knowing looks in their eyes.

"You look like a love sick puppy" Arthur points out as they watch Eloise study the ball and goal before hitting it.

"Watch it, now, Eloise." Lady Danbury constructs her, watching her carefully.

"How could I not? I have found my match. And we are aflame."Charlotte replies, eyeing her lover.

"Then you should propose." Arthur tells her making Charlotte think it over. "Is it too soon? And what of our Aunt?" Charlotte asks him, her eye brows furrowed.

"Auntie will approve, and I shall not think too soon. The world will know soon enough if Lady Whistledown will have anything to say about it." Arthur points out to his twin sister.

"Than maybe I shall." Charlotte responds as Eloise hit sheet ball, making the goal. "Yess!" Charlotte cheers for her, watching Eloísa smile and bounce.

As it was their next goal, Anthony finally making his, Eloise shoots hers close to the goal, but as it was Charlottes turn, she hits Eloise's ball, cheering as she caught her off guard.

As it comes to the last goal, Kate and Anthony are once again at each others throats. "Sounds like I'm winning." Charlotte teases, standing behind Eloise.

Katie hirs Anthony's ball all the way into the forest after a few snarky comments. The family callaos at the dirty move.

"I knew I liked her." Eloise comments, a smile on her face. "Should I be jealous?" Charlotte asks tease-sly. Eloise just fondly rolls her eyes, laughing at her dramatic lover.

"Miss Edwina, it's your turn." Colin calls her over, motioning to her ball.

Timidly Edwina gets in range with her ball. Edwina hits her ball but it goes into the bushes behind the goal. Everyone still claps, politely.

"I am bested i see." Edwina says timidly and shy. "You could still retrieve your hall if you wish to stay in the game." Daphne speaks up.

Edwina looks at the bushes intently then to her sister. "I think I shall cut out." Edwina decides. She bows to Daphne and Charlotte before leaving. Anthony looks after her in shock, while Kate looks sadden.