IX. Rotten Feathers

"Last one to the palace is a whore"

{_👑_}

Dear Readers,
It seems that our lovely Edwina Sharma is in some competition. Our future Queen as spoken of a interest in our Eligible Viscount Bridgerton. Claiming that if he was not already on his knees for Miss Sharma that she would wish a romantic man such as himself would look her direction.

I would not think Princess Charlotte would do her dear friend Kates sister like that. As they seem to be chatting at the gathering, but we all know of Kate Sharmas disapproval of Anthony so maybe it's a scandal.

Which seems not to be the only scandal one of the Royal twins are in. Prince Arthur and Lord Benedict Bridgerton seem to have their own secrets. Will they tell or should I?

Dear Lady Whistledown

Charlotte laid on the floor as Penelope sat in one of the office chairs, using a spy glass to watch Eloise read Lady Whistledown new paper.

Charlotte crumbled up her paper, a smirk on her face as she knew who was informing Whistledown. She just couldn't out the girl like that when her best friend is Charlottes lover.

"If you are truly that vexed by the manner in which Lady Whistledown writes still, perhaps you might stop reading." Penelope tells Eloise making Charlotte roll her eyes.

"Honestly, I think Whistledown is just a nobody with no life. Like how bored does one have to be to write about other peoples lives and intervén?" Charlotte comments, which gets Penelope in a ruffle.

"Your only saying that because she wrote about you and your brother." Penelope tells her making Eloise look at her best friend weirdly, as she was never so hostile to Charlotte before.

Charlotte gets up, pulling a chair to sit next to Eloise. "Half of England writes about me and my brother. After all I'm the crowned princess. I just think if someone has this time to write and be nosey then surely their life must be empty and boring." Charlotte smiles innocently at her, before looking at Eloise.

"She's finally revealed herself." Eloise says, gaining Charlottes undivided attention, and Penelope's.

"What? El-" Penelope gets cut off but the Bridgerton.

"I was not going to tell you this because-" Eloise stops herself before looking at Charlotte who raises an eyebrow. Eloise wanted to make sure she could beat Charlotte in the hunt for Whistledown so that meant telling no one.

"Well, I was embarrassed, and I thought I was wrong, but, I paid this printers shop a visit yesterday." Eloise continues, making movements with her hand, showing her excitement.

"You did?" Penelope asks, Charlotte would have caught the worried and anxious look she had on if she was not staring at Eloise fingers, her mind wondering off.

"Did you speak with anyone?" Penelope asks, making Charlotte snap out of her haze glaring at Penelope.

"It does not matter. Pen, look." Eloise gets up, with the two Whistledown papers in her hands, walking around Charlotte to go next to Penelope.

"Not only are these paper stocks identical, but the letter K's, they are slightly misshapen in the exact same way." Eloise leans over Penelope, showing her.

Charlotte couldn't help the smile that took over her face at how smart and brilliant Eloise is.

"Surely it is not likely to be another coincidence. " Eloise adds as she looks closer at the paper she had as Penelope took the other one.

"Well, we must keep an eye out. If the same mistake is in Whistledown next issue, then we will know the print shop is indeed hers." Penelope says making Charlotte raise an eyebrow at how she is plain out deceiving Eloise.

"We must really keep an eye out. She might fix it who knows. But I should head her a warning if I find her, my aunt wants her head, and I will deliver it if she is to spill what ever secret my brother has." Charlotte threatens, staring Penelope dead in the eyes as Eloise doesn't listen, too invested in her discovering or she would have saw the way Penelope swallowed thickly, worry etched on her face.

"Either way she could be any of us." Charlotte adds innocently before turning her eyes away from Penelope and onto Eloise.

Eloise looks up at Charlotte with a huge smile and excitement etched onto her face as she felt like she got a break through with her discovery.

______________________________

Charlotte knew her brother was hiding, in fear of what Whistledown might say.

She was on top of Black Beauty as they galloped to a hill with a willow tree on it. Her brothers safe space like the Cabin was hers.

She had Black Beauty slow down into a stop before stopping into of the hill, Velvet walking over to her brother as they ventured off, to run and play somewhere.

"What's in your mind, dear little brother?" Charlotte asks him, plopping down right next to him. She let him lay his head on her lap as she plays with his hair.

"Whistledown. I'm afraid she might spill the secret that I have." Arthur felt his voice break, only furthering Charlottes anger.

"Do you want to tell me that secret brother?" Charlotte asks him, curious but would never force him.

"Benedict kissed me at the gathering at Lady Danbury's. And I think Whistledown saw." Arthur admits, looking at his twin as she smiles gently back down at him.

"If it makes you feel better, I took Eloise to my cabin." Charlotte tells him making him raise an eyebrow at her. "You deflowered her?" He questions, surprised.

"Hey, she asked me to but i wasn't being a whore, brother. We are a thing?" Charlotte says, not sure what they are as she never properly said courting.

"A thing?" Arthur questions. "We are each others. That's all we know. Plus it seems I might have a clue on who Whistledown is. But there is a problem. So for now on, I need you and Benedict to keep your activities at the up most private. Threats only go so far." Charlotte tells him, taking her fingers away from his hair and patting his head gentle before pushing him off of her roughly as she got up off the dirt.

"Rude." Arthur mumbles as he rubs his head.

"Now come, last one to the place is a whore." Charlotte yells behind her as she swing Shetland on top of Black Beauty, both twins and their horses racing to the palace.

______________________________