XX. Accidental Space

"Than I shall cuddle away the sadness for my future queen."

{_👑_}

"You look ethereal." Eloise compliments her, Charlotte laughing.

"Using my own lines on me? How low Bridgerton." Charlotte teases who wife who raises an eyebrow at her.

"I thought it was Regal?" Eloise smirks, bringing up the turn she got jealous of Theo.

"Is that Whistledown? Had she published, mama?" Eloise asks as Violet and Lady Danbury read the paper, looking between Eloise and Charlotte.

"Indeed she has." Violet replies, looking at the paper. "And now we may know why we are the only ones here."

Eloise looks over their shoulder, with Charlotte.

Should our lives be distilled down
To the sum total of our choices, then Mrs Eloise Bridgerton- Regal has certainly made a dangerous, perhaps ruinous one.
For she's apparently been associating, unchaperoned, with improper company.
Political radicals, in fact. It might be that the young Mrs spent a great deal of time considering her decisions. Or, perhaps, they were made in haste.

Eloise stumbles back a bit as she reads through the paper. Quickly she rushes past Lady Danbury and her mother, up to her room.

Charlotte does mot waste a second thought about following her, right on her tail.

"It's gonna be okay." Charlotte tells her as Eloise cries into her shoulder. Holding her tightly afraid she might disappear under her touch.

That's when Charlotte truly made her decision, that Penelope was going to feel Eloise's wrath, she was gonna have her found out, and watch as Penelope looses everything.

______________________________

Charlotte sits next to Eloise, by her fireplace as they watch the flames flick.

"I find it odd how you are always in the brink of finding out who Whistledown is but the second you say something, it is as if Whistledown hears you herself and changes her tactical." Charlotte speaks up, making Eloise furrow her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" Eloise asks, unsure of what she meant. "I mena how long have you kept that K smudge to yourself than as soon as you point it out, it seems as if Whistledown fixes the issue." Charlotte drops a bigger hint, making Eloise shake her head.

"I wish of not to think about that treacherous lady but to enjoy your company." Eloise gets up, walking to her bed. "Now come, I wish to cuddle away the sadness."

Charlotte chuckles at her, following her actions. "Than I shall cuddle away the sadness for my future queen."

______________________________

Anthony came rushing in, with a kiddy and unconscious Kate in his arms. "Call the surgeon at once!" He rushes her to his room, the surgeon there.

"What happened?" Eloise gasps, Charlotte just holds her form rushing into the room, knowing that the surgeon would need his space.

______________________________

It has been a week since Kates accident and since Lady Whistledown has published. The ton still avoiding the Bridgerton but not for long as Eloise was to become their future Queen.

"She will be okay." Charlotte assures her as she tries to convince Eloise to go back to the palace with her.

As much as Charlotte loved Aubrey hall, they were married and she got home sick easily.

"One more day, just one, please." Eloise begs her making Charlotte sigh, nodding her head as she could not deny her that.

"I shall go down stairs, you can sleep." Eloise kisses her before leaving Charlotte alone to sleep.

Which does not last as long before Eloise heads back up about an hour later. "Didn't work out?" Charlotte grumbles, Eloise just sighs.

"Anthony is in a prickling mood." Elosie tells her making Charlotte hum, still resting. "Maybe it's as though his one true love was in a accident and had not awoken." Charlotte replies sarcastically.

"You are no help." Eloise tells her, making Charlotte hide her pillow closer.

Eloise sighs, looking outside at the foggy and rainy weather. "Mrs Eloise. A package for you." One of the servants knocks on the open door.

"Oh, I do not want any-" Eloise tries to decline but the servant interrupts her. "You might want this one." Her assures making her walk over and grab it.

Eloise opens it for it to be a book, a note falling out of it. Which gains Charlottes attention. "That Thomas guy does not know when to quote, next i shall send him a bloody burnt book." Charlotte rolls over, going back to sleep as Eloise scoffs at he dramatics.

______________________________

Seriously gonna make a social media book of Claudia Jessie and the actress for Charlotte.

But after I finish this which should be one more chapter.