XII. Lucid Night

"Oh auntie, I didn't see you. How's your day?"
{_👑_}

Eloise held Charlottes hand as they walk outside the Bridgerton house. It was a good morning and they were planning on telling Eloise's family about their engagement.

They stop walking as they spot Kate sipping tea. Charlotte gives Eloise a knowing look. Kate looks up at them with a smile of gratitude as they seem to be the only company that they enjoy.

Kate eyes venture to their hands, her eyes widening in surprise as the big ring on Eloise finger. "Oh my heavens!" Kate gets up, rushing to them.

"You guys. Since when? I mean i had my suspicion but what?!" Kate shrieks before calming down a bit, looking around to make sure no one heard her.

"Since last night and we have always been a thing. Eloise can't help but fall head over heels for me." Charlotte smirks, making Kate laugh as she inspects the ring.

"That's just amazing. I am so happy for you two." Kate congratulates them, no worries as to the future Queen. She knew that Charlotte does what she wants and a force to be reckon with.

"You must not let the game of pall-mall dismay you." Eloise tells Kate, noticing her sadden aura before she saw the ring.

"Antagonism is, in afraid, what you must expect." Eloise chuckles as Kate goes back to her tea. Kate chuckles along with her as Charlotte steals a cookie off of her little table.

Eloise sits at the couch in the opposite side of the staircase of Kate. Charlotte skips right to her side as she chews her cookie. Charlotte plops down next to Eloise, laying he rhea don the younger girls lap as Eloise starts reading her book again.

"Can I ask you ask something, Miss Eloise." Kate speaks up after a brief moment of silence. Eloise closes her book, letting her hands fall in Charlottes hair, the girl humming as she closes her eyes.

"Did I purposely make the third wicket two inches narrower than last year? Yes." Eloise confesses, a playful smile on her face.

Kate chuckles softly at her, somewhat looking at her and Charlotte in envy as they looked happy and content with just being in each others presence.

"Anything." Eloise tells her, referring to Kate's original question, fixing her position slightly, making Charlotte pout. "Hush you." Eloise tells her before looking back up at Kate.

"I fear I may have upset the viscount during our game." Kate admits, making Charlotte smile up at Eloise. Knowing she was right and could not wait to win the bet officially.

"Ah" Eloise nods her head. "You were near our fathers grave?" Eloise asks her, a sad smile on her face. Charlotte takes one of her hands, gently rubbing it to provide the only comfort she could at the moment.

"Well, then his mood was not on your account. He rarely goes near if he can help it." Eloise assures her, giving Charlotte a grateful smile. Eloise opened her book, looking at her ring before looking at Charlotte. Even though she swore she would never marry, she was glad Charlotte was the one she would marry.

I like all the men who failed miserably at getting her attention. Charlotte loves Eloise for her, for being the reason she was the oddball in her family. And she couldn't ask for anyone better, even if she has to be the center of attention as being one of the future Queens.