III. Brainless Brooding Mare

{_👑_}

Charlotte sat under a tree, a book in her hands but her eyes seem to blur over the words, not focusing on it but rather a certain brown hair, blue eyed Bridgerton.

"Sister?" Arthur calls out, noticing Charlotte has not flipped a page for the last 20 minutes.

"Allie? Are you okay?" Arthur sits next to his older sister, looking at her worried.

"I don't know." Charlotte answers hesitantly, not sure if she was feeling was right or wrong.

"Want to tell me?" He asks, gentle not to push her as she would do with him.

"I have been having these thoughts about someone. I'm not sure if it'a wrong to have these thoughts about them." She tells him honestly, careful to leave out a name or gender, not wanting her brother to freak out.

"I- I don't know how I can help. It seems we are in the same boat." He leans his head against her shoulders, making her leans her head against his.

"Who haunts your thoughts, dear younger brother?" Charlottes questions, glad to not be the only one with the foreign thoughts.

"Promise you will not laugh, run or think of me any differently?" Arthur holds out his pinky finger, anxiety flooding through his body.

Charlotte locks their finger as she bring sit up to her lips, kissing her closed fist as he does the same. "I promise I will not laugh, run or think of you any differently." She swears, giving him a comforting smile.

"I.... The ghost that keeps haunting my thoughts is... Benedict Bridgerton." He tells her hesitantly, searching across her face for her reaction, his gut twisting and turning, feeling as though he might throw up any second.

"Oh dear brother, we are more like than we might think." Charlotte chuckles, a smile plastered on her face as the anxiety leaves her twins body.

"Why is that?" He questions, wanting to move in from what he confessed seconds earlier.

"My very own ghost happens to be Miss Eloise Bridgerton." Charlotte confesses making Arthur raise his eyebrows as laughter escapes his lips, both of them engaging in a laughing fit.

______________________________

"Should we be doing this?" Arthur questions his older sister as they ride in the carriage, in their way to the Bridgerton home.

"Just because we have our ghosts doesn't mean we can't be friends with them." Charlotte tells him, anxiety creeping upon her as she could see the home of the Bridgertons that plague their minds.

Arthur gets out the carriage, holding his arm open for his older sister to take, both walking towards the front door.

"You should knock." Charlotte tells her brother, too nervous to do the action herself.

"Why should I? It should be you,'it's your idea." Arthur eyes widen, his own anxiety creeping on him.

"Because your the man." Charlotte tries to give a good answer.

"For a feminist, that's a bit sexist sister." Arthur reminds her making her sigh and roll her eyes, seeing as her brother bested her in their tiny debate.