VI. Nuclear

Charlotte observed the people of the ton, petting her horse affectionately.

Her eyes strayed to a group of kids pointing at her horse, excitement clear on their faces. With a great plan popping in her head, she lets a friendly smile wash over her face.

She walks over to the kids, Black Beauty following her as he was trained too. "Hi!" She greets the kids, as their eyes widen.

"Princess! Your the princess!" One of the boys shouts in excitement, blonde curly hair and green eyes.

"I think so?" She teases playfully, her horse grunting slightly behind her. She turns around, grabbing her horses reign and leading him forward, to be closer to the kids.

"Would you like to pet him?" She asks the children, getting eager nods. Gently, she pats her horses legs, motioning for him to lay down.

"You have to be gentle, here let me help you." Charlotte tells them softly, carefully taking the boys hands into her own, making him softly stroke her horse before she lets go, letting him do it in his own.

The other kids copy the boys action, all surrounding the horse, either scratching him or stroking him.

Charlotte takes note of people watching her as she bends down to pet her horse along side the kids. She doesn't care for their eyes, as she notices the races about to begin.

"It seems the races are about to begin, Black Beauty has to go, but we might be back later." She gives them a warm smile as they all sigh, not wanting to go but having to.

"Bye princess!" The boy calls out before running to his parents. "Come on bubs." Charlotte pats his neck as he gets up, making her lead him over to their seats.

Charlotte plops down next to her brother. "Want to make a bet, sister?" Arthur smiles at her, making her return it.

"Why of course. Any chance to best you, I will take it." She teases making him nudge her playfully.

Arthur points to horses lined up. "The horses. I say Nuclear will win." He tells her making her shake her head.

"Have you no nothing? High flyer will win." Charlotte chuckles, over confident but a giant smile on her face.

"If I win, which I obviously will, I want you to paint a portrait of me." Charlotte offers to her little brother. "And if I win, you have to tell me your plan about Whistledown." Arthur shakes her hand.

With a confident smirk, Charlotte turns back to the horse track.

They watch as the horses run across the track, Nuclear in first with High-Flyer behind him but Nuclear slows down, leaving High Flyer to win the race. "Son of a-" Arthur catches his words as his sister gives him a victory smirk.

Arthur leads them down to the horses, wanting to see them up close. Charlotte accidentally over hears Edwina Sharma. "Kate, it's dreadful, they say Nuclear is going to the knacking yard."

Charlotte frowns, not finding it fair. She approaches the horse caretakers. "Is there any chance I will be able to buy Nuclear?" She asks him, eyeing the exhausted horse.

"What? Why would you wan to buy that useless horse? He lost a lot of people a lot of money." The caretaker scoffs making Charlotte glare slightly at him, the lack of respect pissing her off.

"I do not care that foolish people who are stupid and sore over losing. I want that horse." She tells him, no horse deserves to be slaughtered for it.

"I'll give him to you as a present, your majesty. He serves no purpose to us." The caretaker walks away, making her scoff at him.