IXX. Runaway Arters

"I never heard of a runway bride after the wedding."

{_👑_}

Charlotte hides her head in the crook of Eloise's neck. "We must get up." Eloise reminds her, but Charlotte groans.

Eloise chuckles before flipping them over, Eloise sitting on top of her. Making Charlotte shoot her eyes open.

"Oh so you wake now?" Eloise teases, making Charlotte nod her head. "Yes of course, I have a beautiful women on top of me, I would be foolish not to at least pay her attention."

Eloise laughs but soon turns into a moan as Charlotte flips them over, a devilish smirk on her face.

_____________________________

"I must go home, it will only be a few hours but my family needs me at this moment." Eloise says, having no idea how to tell her wife that the Queen thinks she is Whistledown.

"Be back soon, you're I'll be dearly missed." Charlotte kisses her, one she zips up her luggage. Eloise melts into it, wanting it to last forever.

"Haste. I must go. I love you." Eloise breakers the kiss, pecking her lips I'm between each syllable.

Charlotte watches as Eloise leaves, to go burn every Whistledown paper she has.

______________________________

"How's your wedding night?" Arthur asks, already knowing as he was right across from her.

"Quite eventful." Charlotte smirks at him making him grimace.

"Surprise she could even walk down those stairs after everything i heard." Arthur comments making Charlotte laugh, as the go break fast with their aunt.

"Charlie, do you know anything about Whistledown?" The queen asks making Charlotte furrow her eyebrows.

"No, but if this has to do with Eloise hurrying home then I insist you tell me what you said." Charlotte looks to see Eloise picture on the table.

"I Can assure you auntie Eloise is not Lady Whistledown. Or else she would have written about the kings delusion, and she would certainly not spread a rumor that I was madly in love with Anthony Bridgerton." Charlotte lists for her aunt, making her think it over.

Charlotte would not throw Penelope under the bus as that's her wife's best friend but it certainly angered her how Eloise is getting targeted for her.

"Perhaps your right." The queen Jim's as she sips her tea.

______________________________

Charlotte arches her bow, letting the arrow fly in the air and hit the apple off the hay barrel.

"I hate that I am lying to her yet how am I gonna tell my wife that her best friend is a back stabbing...." She grunts as she refuses to call Penelope a bitch, out of respect of her friendship with Eloise.

"Because you won't, you must show her." Arthur tells her, letting his horse much off the bay barrels.

"How am I gonna do that?" Charlotte questions, thinking deeply.