Ch: 11 A Fate worse than death

(A/N) If you can find the title of this chapter in the story... good things will come

DON'T BE A QUITE READER... thank you

Beau Papendeha

Another faint blush spread up on my heated cheeks as i pulled my wandering eyes away from his marvelous body for the millionth time since that kiss.

I couldn't remember much after he pulled me in close I barely remembered the initial action. But now even a glance at him reignited memories I wasn't mature enough to handle.

His eyes had glazed over after the passionate moment like he was rethinking... everything. That part made my heart sting a bit.

We left the station that early morning and walked from the station to an open field just left of the desolate underground building of rising and falling hills with the warm sun kissing our faces. I was tempted to ask where we were going or even what his plan was. But I guessed he didn't want a walking companion who talked too much.

" people?" I questioned. Seeing a man walking towards us with an unconscious woman in his arm bridal style.

" Yes, Phonzo" Cona breathed, his face glossing over again as he stared at them. A tick was forming in his eyes as we both watched the two lazily climb up the hill.

Then, as if the world had re-written its own laws the man teleported till he was right in front of us.

Cona's once ticked face relaxed finally while I leaped what felt like meters back.

Cona caught me just before I toppled over. My eyes had grown far beyond the boundaries of my eyelids and my face hung wide agape.

"This is the second time I've gotten that reaction in a day, it's getting annoying" the man breathed, shaking his head in fake frustration.

Cona pulled me close till my cheek met his warm chest, but that was the least of my worries. I looked at the man as if he'd grown another head right in front of me. It might as well have been that, teleportation wasn't any different.

" is that all?" Cona watched, moving his head to scan the remainder of the empty plains while hugging me closer.

" Yeah, It's only me and you," the other man grinned. His sparkly black hair glistened like the sheet of black that encompassed the sky when the sun was no longer shining.

They were complete opposites, Cona and this man. Like the sun and the moon.

Then I realized where I was. The blush followed, encompassing my damp face all over again. With my cheek pressed against his chest I could hear his slow but lively heartbeat. Oh my gosh!

" who's this?" the man gestured towards me, chuckling to himself when he noticed my crimson-red face.

" my mate" Cona wrapped his second arm around me more protectively.

"I wish mine was as cute as yours" The man winked playfully, his teeth showing with his wide toothy grin.

My eyes opened wide again as I gasped, unbelievable!

Then, as if lightning had struck the earth. Cona's voice rumbled, a growl much scarier than thunder reached through his vocal cords and out. It was a sound I'd never heard before, it was raw and in-human yet so... loving.

The man's grin was wiped from his pale face for the first time since he'd teleported.

" don't tell me you're going to.. Love her. Didn't L'Hash teach you a thing!" The man whined.