7 - bowling lessons

"and why the fuck would we go bowling?" Dennis' voice crackled over the phones weak connection, almost drowned out by sudden chatter from the remaining members of his party in the background.

"bowling's fun man! cmon, we haven't done anything in so long." Charlie's hand grasped the pay phone tightly. Y/n stood the other side of the receiver, ear pressed close in order to hear. loud clatters of knocked bowling pins sounded behind them, drowned completely by the cheers of family's and friends celebrating a strike, or even just knocking a pin. Y/n would've put money that not a single soul here actually knew how to bowl.

Dee's voice drowned out Dennis'. "why the hell are we bowling?"

"just like, y'know.. exercise?"

"the waitress works here." Y/n spoke exasperatedly into the phone, grinning lightly as Charlie shoved her away with a loud groan. "you just had to- Dee... jesus, you bitch just give the phone- give it back to Dennis... DEE- thank you."

Y/n leaned in again as Dennis began to talk, or more so, complain. "Charlie, seriously, we've got a bar, i-i just don't wanna be goin' goddamn bowling right now-"

the young woman pried the phone from Charlie's tight grip and held it to her ear with a harsh sigh. "don't be such a fucking nerd, Dennis."

"you're one to talk..." Charlie snorted in amusement, screech sounding loudly after he'd received a swift kick to the shin. Mac's voice now spoke through the phone receiver, exasperated and firm. she could almost visualize the glare he'd be giving, like an annoyed mother would her kids. "we're coming, Y/n! just order us some beers."

"will do."

"you're such a bitch." Charlie's eyes followed her hand as she placed the phone back onto its receiver, dial tone suddenly silenced. his own hands cradled his shin like a baby in his bent over state, staring warily at the woman before him. she raised an eyebrow almost challengingly. "you're in a bad position to be talkin' shit, Charlie Kelly."

the man stood once again, gruffly patting his now bruised shin before he did so. he scoffed and swiveled his head around, eyes roaming. "whatever man, i could totally beat the shit outta you..." he quietly trailed off.

Y/n glanced on the direction he'd been fixated on and sighed. the waitress was stood, obliviously wiping down tables as her stalker stared on in utter fascination. "the whole point of this whole thing-" she grabbed his arm and walked in the direction of their bowling lane, ignoring the short man's neglected whining. "-is to make her think you're not stalking her." she pushed him down onto the hard seat, hands on both his shoulders as she stood above him, eyes staring studiously into his own. Charlie didn't dare move a muscle in fear of what Y/n might do. "so, you're gonna wait here while i go get some beers, alright?"

he nodded silently, eyes wide as she straightened up again. a slight smirk subtly grazed the woman's face. being feared was something she could get used to. "great. and do not look at the waitress."

there's where Y/n went wrong. see, Charlie doesn't like being told what to do. in fact, he will go out of his way just to rebel against the very order. and in his mind, as Y/n walked away, he'd already decided that he absolutely would look at the waitress; he'd made it his mission for the night not just to look at her, not just to stare, but to go and talk to her.

y'know, just to piss Y/n off.

"Charlie, seriously man, why the hell did we all have to come down here?" it'd been a few short minutes of waiting before Dennis suddenly collapsed onto the seat opposite Charlie's. Dee had already taken it upon herself to enter their names into the overhead computer while Frank plopped himself down next to Charlie with a harsh grunt.