FIVE

FIVE

Lana Del Rey | Summertime sadness

I was holding onto the balcony rail looking onto the landscape of the estate. Reign had his people bring me to his main home a few days ago. It's a modernised mansion away from the city, it's really quiet. I desperately wanted to reach out to my mom and Stassie, but I clearly have no way of getting in touch. Maybe if I get him to trust me things may be a little easier.

I just can't believe that everything I have ever worked for was taken away just like that. The need to cry was working it's way up inside of me and trust, I've been non stop these past few days. I'm an absolute wreck.

Reign left for business out of town after the choking incident the other day. That man is truly made different from the rest, but acts so normal about everything. I'm trying to understand just to make my situation feel a little ease but god knows it's impossible.

Just simply looking at him, he's everything a girl could dream for in a man with a little roughness. I was given the most attractive one with tons of substantial money, and a whole lot of insanity. 

I walked back into the house, out into a living area on this level. This place is stunning. I stopped at a corner I see Miranda the lead housekeeper chatting to this lady. May I say a beauty this women is, she's gently rocking a fussy new born while their tiny arms stretched out.

She displayed such elegance, her delicacy is quite admirable, I could stare forever.

"Ah Miss Martin come sit, this is Amaya she's from Sri Lanka, now you girls chat I must go prepare dinner." Miranda rose out her seat, before kissing Amaya on the cheek then walking out.

I sat besides her, Amaya gave me a gentle smile, but it didn't reach her face. I took one good look in her eyes, I saw something real so hidden. It was a story those brown eyes are, maybe a sad one full of pain possibly fear.

"Well, I'm Amaya." We shared a light giggle.

"Amina."

"And this here is Mila." I took a good glance at the baby girl, my was she just as beautiful. Baby Mila was fast asleep. I cooed over her, it followed into some small talk. Amaya asked if would follow her to the babies room to lay her down, I surely didn't mind. After, we headed out into the garden and sat on a bench.

"I over heard that your Reign's new girlfriend." Girlfriend?

"Well, uh I'm not sure what to call it." I softly responded, she just gave a small smile before nodding.

"I'm Roscoe's wife, you must of met him already." I proceeded to ask her for how long. "We've been married for just over a year, but I've know him for about 3."

A tear fell from her eye but it was quickly wiped away then turned into a tender smile.

"Ar-Are you not proud of that?" My response came out before I could catch myself. "Sorry, I didn't mean to ask like that."

"That's alright it's just ... I'm not one to really talk about my relationship but since we share a situation with the gusev brothers why not. I don't suppose Reign has already exposed to you a certain level of anger." I slightly gulped before putting my sights on some red roses beside her. My facial features flinched in the centre.

"I-I don't know what your talking about."

She placed her hand over mine, just off my instincts I gave her hand a squeeze.

"Listen to me it's okay. You were forced into being with a man you don't understand. Trust me when I say you will never understand it so don't kill yourself trying to. He will break you if you let him. I have no more tears left Amina, I don't doubt that I've lost any sense to feel something. I'm just a broken girl with a baby." Her voice began to crack as her eyes fell watery.

"Roscoe killed the only family I had, I was forced to witness it. My dad is a natural protector, Roscoe saw it as a threat. Rule number one don't ever make this family feel threatened. I wanted to leave him and he knew that so... here I am vowing everyday to never make that mistake again."

She continued swallowing her tears, "I'm just glad my mother's still alive, he claimed he loved me enough to have someone give me away at the wedding." Amaya gazed into something else before giving me a sad smile.

"Amina trust me when I say there's no escaping these men, they are one of the most powerful families in the world. I ran from Roscoe countless times, even across the country." Amaya moved her dark hair then showing me a scar on the back of her neck. It started from in her hair, then it got lost into her dress. She also had a large burn on the back of her shoulder with some cuts.

"Wha- what Amaya this doesn't make any sense, this is far beyond abuse, he could seriously hurt you or take your life. What about your baby?" Tears gushed down my face for her knowing all she's been through, now me knowing I have no way out. She gives me hug, how is she still not crying?

"The Gusev's are very possessive over anything that is rightfully theirs. I'm not sure if you know but Reign is the first born heir to the Volkova Organisation it's a crime family a Russian Mafia, their grand father Rafa Gusev started it all. Rolan Gusev, Reign and Roscoe's father has three boys one girl with Ivanna their mother, the only girl ran away to New York."

It was silent, I was trying to take this all in everything starting to click into place. The large amounts of money, Tommie being killed in cold blood, my kidnapping. I could hear my heart was beating so fast I could rip it out my chest. He's killing innocent people? Reign runs a mafia?

Amaya calmly whispered, "My story with Roscoe could go on forever Amina, please take care of yourself. I must go now, my baby Mila has separation anxiety even in her sleep. I'll see you at dinner." She gave me a reassuring smile and hand a squeeze before walking off back inside.

The Russian Mafia?

•••