ELEVEN

ELEVEN

Lana Del Rey | video games

     Words can't fathom all the emotions I'm feeling. First, I'm having to unwillingly depend on a man for probably the rest of my life—I may be pregnant. After so long we made our destination. A mansion that my mom is supposedly living in.

     I wish Stassie was here, I need a friends support but I've come all this way with no friends to start, so why change the story now right?

     "Ami I have to go settle somethings, but later we will have dinner. I'll see you beautiful. " That's when the car came to a full stop in front of this huge house. I nodded still feeling on edge about our previous conversation.

     Reign rubbed my bottom lip with his thumb then giving me a passionate kiss. The door on my side opened on its own, so I began to make my way up to the front door. I took in a deep breath before ringing the bell. I can't help but feel terrified.

     The door opened, and there was my mothers head poke out from behind the door, "Amina?" A shocked look masked her face with surprise in her face. A wide smile appeared on my face, as she quickly came from around the door to pull me in for a hug.

     "I've missed you so much mom." She cupped my face in her hands kissing both my cheeks in response.  As soon I was familiar in her hug I just began to quiet cry. Her face softened with concern changing her expression, she used her thumbs to swipe away my tears.

     "Come come," she pulled me in shutting the door behind her, I got to take a look at her place. I heard music playing with low conversations coming from the room on the right, I furrowed my brows looking at my mother. I didn't realise until now that she's dressed in a elegant pearly white gown.

     "Mom are you having a party?"

     "Uh- honey, you take me in uh surprise. We chat upstairs—," My mother's first language is Portuguese, so hearing her speak so much English is surprising, it has improved so much. I agreed to go upstairs still confused and curious.

     We made it upstairs to a open balcony, mom took hold of the railing taking in a deep breathe before facing me with wide closed lip smile. But even that faded once she saw my stoic like face.

     "Princesa, are you okay?" Each word came across slow and thorough.

     A tear slipped it's way out but my hand followed to clear it, "Y-yes why are you asking?" I fake chuckled.

     Mother didn't say anything she just looked me in the eye. This was her way of reading people, she always did it to dad, every time she would just stare at him knowing he breaks. A glare so little but holds so much.

     "Seriously I'm okay I'm happy, I have a good job, I have a boy-boyfriend." She gasped at boyfriend giving me a small smile.

      "Is that who came to bring you here?"