TWELVE

TWELVE

Lana Del Rey | Doin' Time

We've been driving for about an hour, the silence that lingered through the vehicle was so absent it was deafening. The grip he had on my thigh was in a routine so painful. Finally the car came to a stop, it was dark out I couldn't make out anything.

Reign got out and assisted me out my side, we were on a some mountain cliff overlooking the brightly lit city. I walked past him fascinated, but then he aggressively gripped the back of my neck pulling me into his hard chest. His hand moved around to securely clutch onto my throat, he began to squeeze firmly. My whimpers are the only thing heard.

"What do you take me for baby hm?" A tear fell at the tone of his dark voice. With his hands still on my throat, he moved forward making me walk backwards slowly. Not once breaking any eye contact.

I'm sure he is aware that behind me is a cliff, is he planning on killing me tonight? Each backward slow step I took my heart beat grew louder. I believe there a god and the devil, also when you die there's hell or heaven, stood before me was the devil in his most unmerciful form.

     "W-wait Reign, please." I panicked trying to removed his hand from my neck but I was no match for his strength. " P-please just listen, I-I."

     My thoughts reminding me that I may be with child. If I am I want to surely protect my baby from anything. I might not be pregnant but on the other hand this could be my lifeline to save me. 

     I looked up into his eyes, for a minute I saw such depths of desire, and I knew we were at the edge. My left foot slipped off the edge increasing my heart rate. My reflexes made me grip onto the bottom of his shirt. The hold he has on my neck only tightened, no words were spoken here I was trembling with sweaty palms.

"Nyet, I notice I'm repeating myself to much love, learning from our mistakes is important no?"

Reign placed his soft plump lips onto mine, my tears wetting my cheeks as I kept trying to grip onto him.

"Da, don't die baby." He softly whispered. I clenched my eyes shut at those words bracing for impact when he removed his hands from me.

     "I'm pregnant." The voice in my head whispered before everything went black.

Beep ... Beep ... Beep

     I'm a failure, I've grown to be familiar with this feeling. It's was either over achieving or just failing. My academic career, I always had this undergoing pressure of being the "best" thanks to dad. Nowadays the universe has given me Reign as weight on my shoulders, a never ending failure against the way he perceives his life style. My mom moving on without saying a word, I'm getting the other end of it all. I just wanted to be left by myself in a room alone.