Ch.23

After regaining their eyesight, Piccolo flared his power in a fit of rage after Cell's escape.

A moment later, Vegeta, Caulia, and Y/n arrived, having sensed the battle between Piccolo and Cell.

"Piccolo, what happened?" Vegeta asked just as Tien was arriving.

"There's another Android!" Piccolo answered.

"What!? You can't be serious!?" Y/n yelled, dumbfounded.

"Deadly serious. And not only that, this thing calling itself Cell, is looking for something in this timeline to help him get stronger. And if he joins forces with 17 and 18, none of us will stand a chance." Piccolo explained, looking grim.

"This is very dire. However, we may still have a chance. We still have the Androids vastly outnumbered, and I expect Raditz will be back on his feet before long. For now, I suggest a plan of action. Piccolo, Tien, you two go and track down Cell and finish him off while he's still weak." Vegeta said.

"This may be a longshot, but maybe we can find the Cell that exists in this timeline. You know, the one that's still growing? Maybe it's back at Gero's lab?" Krillin suggests.

"That's a good idea. We can get rid of the past Cell, don't need two of them running around. I'll go with Krillin back to the lab." Trunks says, some hope reignited.

"In the meantime, we'll continue training and searching for Seventeen and Eighteen." Caulia says.

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go!" Piccolo days as the group separates and fly off, their tasks in hand.

Krillin and Trunks fly back to the destroyed lab of Dr. Gero and begin their search. They blast through the debris until they come across a broken ladder leading deeper into the mountain. Following the ladder down, they come to a large metal door at the end of a dark tunnel.

"I need to ask you a favor." Trunks says as they approached the door. "If we find anymore Androids down here.. please don't tell my father." Trunks pushes the door open. Inside is a sub-lab with various mechanical instruments that neither Trunks or Krillian can make heads or Tails of. At the end of the room sits a large, green tank filled with a strange fluid. Inside the tank was the embryo of Cell.

"We found it. Let's blast it and get-" Krillin is interrupted when he is suddenly attacked from behind.

"Howdy, partners."

"Who the hell are you!" Trunks yells, getting into fighting position.

"You can call me Android Thirteen... hehe."