5 ✉ little lawson

"Why do I have so much shit!" Eden groans as we help her pack up her things

"Because you refuse to throw away anything," Char mutters as she places a large box onto her bed.

"I throw things away!" Eden argues.

"No, you don't, you were literally wearing this dress the first time we met." I chuckle as I hold up the pink sundress.

"I love that dress though!" She says as she snatches the dress from me.

"Why are you in such a rush to leave," Char asks.

"She just wants to go live with her man so they can fuck-"

I was cut off when the familiar pink dress was thrown in my face.

Char and I laugh as Eden walks back into her closet.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm fucking starving." Char groans.

"Me too." E and I agree.

I quickly get up and grab my purse.

"I'll go get us dinner!" I say.

I don't think I can spend another minute folding clothes and stuffing them into boxes.

I quickly throw on my coat and make my way out of the door.

There's a new boujee ass grocery store that opened up a few blocks down and I really want to check it out.

I decided to walk there even though it looks like it's about to rain.

I pass by a few familiar faces and make sure to greet them as I walk by.

Man, I really need to get a job.

I mean do you know how fucking difficult it is to find someone in need of a private chef?

A LOT HARDER THAN YOU THINK!

I had my last job for about two years, I worked for an amazing family who always enjoyed all the different cuisine I made.

I sadly had to quit because we moved and it would have been way too hard for me to commute from my apartment to their home.

I never expected it would take so fucking long to find a new client.

I've been looking everywhere!

Giving away my business card, paying for a fucking billboard ad, I've even tried just walking up to people.

But no one has been interested!

I'm honestly considering going back to school to get another degree.

Sometimes I think back to what my parents told me about being a chef.

I come from a HUGE Indian family.

My parents immigrated to America when I was 2 years old and did whatever they could so my siblings and I could grow up as "normal" as possible.