17 ✉ birthdays and broken hearts

It's been a few days since the wedding, Char and I have been checking on Eden every day and I think it's safe to say that she's really shaken up

I mean she's definitely not as bad as before but she still can't believe that her parents popped back into her life after 10 years.

Mason has been forcing her to stay home so she can rest even though all she wants to do is work.

They even had to postpone their honeymoon because Mason refused to go anywhere until she was okay.

God, who would have thought that THE Mason Thompson would have such a soft spot for my best friend?

Anyways, today is Crew's birthday, and Jack and I are currently in the middle of baking his coconut cake.

Crew sadly had work today- I mean, when is he not working?

But still, I fully expected him to stay home or at least come back early so he could celebrate with Jack.

I'm just hoping he comes home soon and not at midnight like last time.

I have a date tonight with one of Mason's super hot rich friends and I CANNOT be late.

I made sure to text Crew this but he hasn't responded.

Asshole.

Things between him and I have been kinda weird ever since that morning when I woke up practically on top of him and his arms wrapped around me, keeping me crushed against his chest.

"What the-"

My eyes flutter open and I come face to face with familiar blue eyes and a huge cheeky smile on his tiny face.

I was about to move when the bed beneath me suddenly huffed.

Wait- beds don't huff.

I slowly look up and my eyes nearly fall out when I realize I'm sleeping on top of MY BOSS!

"Daddy and Naya sitting in a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Jack sings as my face heats up.

I try to move away from him, but his grip on me tightens and I internally curse.

"Crew," I whisper.

He doesn't budge.

"Crew!" I say a little louder.

Still nothing.

"DADDY!" Jack yells and Crew's eyes snap open before looking around frantically.

"What? What's wrong? Do I need to call 911?" He asks.

"Uh no- you need to let go of me," I mumble awkwardly.

He looks down at me and his eyes widen.