8 ✉ can't get enough

"Who would have thought that THE Mason Thompson would be getting married?" I tease

"Shut up man," Mason mutters.

"I mean I don't blame you, she's fucking hot."

He pauses before turning around to face me.

"She's also my fiancé." He warns and I put my hands up in defense.

"I'm not into her, don't worry," I assure him.

"Mhm." He mumbles as he finishes fixing his bowtie.

In all honesty, I didn't even want to fucking come tonight but then I found out Charlotte and whatever the fuck his name was would be here...together.

And that may or may not have piqued my interest.

Just a bit.

Yesterday was definitely a date, I just knew she wouldn't come unless I said it was another interview.

I couldn't stop thinking about her big ass mouth ever since she left my office that day.

So I did my research and found out a few things about her.

Don't judge me! I didn't want to go on a date with a complete psycho!

Tonight is Mason's annual gala and the night he and Eden are announcing their engagement to everyone.

I've never seen Mason this nervous before, like ever.

For fuck's sake, I didn't even know he and Eden were together.

They did an amazing job hiding it from everyone.

"Alright, can we go before you talk yourself out of this?" I ask.

He sends me another glare before walking towards the door.

We make our way out to the hall and he walks over to the room across the hall before knocking on the door.

A few seconds later, the door swings open revealing one of Charlotte's roommates.

Inaya, I believe.

She's wearing a yellowish-gold dress that makes her naturally tan skin and black hair pop.