4 ✉ the oh-so-lovely couple

I watch as Eden nervously bites her nails, not bothering to look up at me

I don't blame her.

Fuck, I'm nervous too.

None of this shit was ever in my plan, life plan that is.

I never wanted to get married, just casual fucking hookups and now here I am.

FUCKING ENGAGED!

"What's your plan?" She finally asks.

"I've been thinking all day and there's a way you and I could do this without anyone getting suspicious."

"I'm listening..."

"Sadly, we're still going to have to get married but it will only have to be for a year."

"ONLY A YEAR?! Is there any way we could do this without marriage? Why can't we just have a long-term engagement?"

"Because then it will definitely look suspicious."

She thinks about it for a second before finally nodding.

"Okay...so we'll be married for a year...what happens during that year?"

"Well, we have to have a lot of public appearances together, a very public wedding, you're gonna have to move in-"

"Move in?! I just moved into an apartment with my friends!"

"Then maybe you shouldn't tell people we're engaged!"

She sends me a glare before going back to biting her nails.

"Look, I'll pay your part of the rent until you move back in," I tell her.

"Fine but there's no way in hell I'm sleeping in the same bed as you."

"Who said I wanted you to." I scoff and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm not just gonna agree verbally, I need a-"

"Contract? Here." I say as I hand her the packet and her eyes widen.

"Make sure to read everything," I tell her.

"No...I'm just gonna sign it." She mumbles sarcastically.

She takes the next few minutes to read it and I begin contemplating every fucking decision I've ever made.

"You're making me sign a prenup?" She asks.

"I don't need you coming after all my money."

"I'm not like that and frankly as soon as this shit show is over, I want nothing to do with you."

"Wait what-"

"As soon as the year is over, I'm quitting."

"Why?"

"Uh- because we got divorced and it would be weird working with my ex-husband." She chuckles.

"Oh...right."