14 ✉ uncle logan

"Logan! I'm perfectly capable of getting my things on my own

"Logan! I'm perfectly capable of getting my things on my own." Charlotte groans as I follow her into the building of her old company.

"Oh, I know."

"Then why are you here?"

"Moral support," I mutter as we walk into the elevator.

"What?"

I decide not to reply and she lets out an annoyed scoff.

I think it's better if she doesn't know what I plan on doing.

The doors of the elevator open once again and as soon as we walk out, dozens of eyes land on us.

I look down at Charlotte just to find her face heating up.

"Ignore them. Just get your things, I'll be here." I tell her and she slowly walks off.

This is a nice office, I can see why Charlotte was struggling with letting it go but the one thing that caught my eye immediately...all her coworkers are men.

Or should I say ex-coworkers?

"Oh, my- Logan Brooks?" I hear someone gasp.

I turn around and find an older man with an awkward posture and giant black-rimmed glasses.

"Do I know you?" I ask.

"Oh uh...my name is Nathan Reese, sir. I'm the one who set up the interview with our journalist, Charlotte Hutton." He says.

Ah...this is Nathan.

What a letdown, I expected better.

"I think you mean ex-journalist." I correct.

"Oh yes, it's such a shame but we had to fire her-"

"Fire me? You didn't fire me asshole, I quit." Charlotte scoffs as she walks over to us.

Nathan's face drops out of pure embarrassment and I smirk.

"Look Charlotte, we were all talking and we would love to give you the promo-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. First off, you're only saying that because Logan is here, second of all, I'd rather vomit all my organs than work here again, and third of all, go choke on a dick." She says and I laugh.

Her attitude never gets old.

It's what drew me to her.

"You're being dramatic Charlotte. This is why we didn't give you the promotion, you have a temper and you can't control your hormones."

Oh Nathan, what a dumb move.

Charlotte's lips slowly turn to a smile before she clears his throat.

"Hold this." She says as she shoves the box into my hands.

She was about to lunge at him but I managed to wrap my arm around her waist with my free hand and hold her back.

"Logan! Let me go!" She groans as she tries to fight out of my grip.