6 ✉ the new nanny

(I didn't have enough time to fully read through these next three chapters so if there are spelling/grammar mistakes just ignore them)

"Daddy? When is Inaya gonna be here?" My son whines.

"She should be here in a few minutes," I assure him.

I still don't know how or why I agreed to this.

But you try looking at a 4-year-old's pout and not give in.

Even though I'm not necessarily a fan of how that woman spoke to me yesterday, she's a chef and she did technically save Jack's life.

But she's still a stranger!

That I invited into my home...

There was a sudden buzzing sound and my doorman Leonard lets me know that she is here.

Jack immediately runs over to the elevator and waits for them to open.

A few seconds later, the door opens revealing the woman from yesterday.

"Inaya!" Jack squeals before running over and hugging her leg.

"Hi, Jack." She laughs while ruffling up his hair.

"Thank god you're here! My tummy NEEDS brownies." He sighs and she laughs.

That's when she looks up at me.

"Um- hello." She awkwardly mumbles.

"Hi."

Shoot me now.

"Here! I'll show you where the kitchen is!" Jack says as he practically drags her through the doors that lead to the kitchen.

I decide to follow them to make sure Jack doesn't end up flipping the kitchen upside down.

He loves taking things out of the drawers and cabinets and then rearranging them.

"Oh wow." I hear Inaya gasp.

"Something wrong?" I ask.

She jumps at the sound of my voice before turning around to face me.

"Um no." She quickly says before walking around to the other side of the kitchen island.

She places her large bag on the counter and begins taking out a bunch of ingredients.

"I have eggs and all that stuff," I tell her.

"Well thank god because I didn't bring eggs." She mutters as she pulls out a giant bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

"Then why did you bring your own things?"

"Because I like my brownies to have a bit more...pizazz."

Pizzaz?

"Alright little man, are you ready to get started?" She asks Jack.