chapter 3

I quickly made my way to the Sahar's office. It ended up pouring so I got a little bit wet.

When I walked in, I saw Rowan sitting on his couch. Rowan was an ER doctor who worked with Sahar, as well as his best friend. Both of them were inseparable since they were young. As a result, he became like an older brother to me. He's always there for both Sahar and I and we couldn't be more grateful.

As I closed the door, both of them got up super quick and came over to me.

"Saf, why are you soaked? Did you walk all the way over in this terrible weather?" Rowan asked me concerned.

I laughed. Why? Because from the outside, Rowan & Sahar were both 6'4", broad guys who could pass as models. Both of them were built from their "gym bro" phase and boxing. They looked intimidating. However, their facade easily broke when it came to them being concerned about me.

I nodded. "Yeah but it's fine, I had a jacket and it's only a little damp." I told them smiling. I took it off and showed them that I was dry.

They nodded. "How was your class?" Sahar asked me.

"It was good, it's an outside learning class, so he has us signup for a group outside of class and then we have to do a project at the end about what we learned. They had a volunteer list for this hospital so I signed up for it!" I told them excitedly.

They smiled. "That's so good Saf, you'll be seeing us often!" Rowan exclaimed.

I nodded. "We should get the email confirmation tomorrow." I told them with a small smile.

"Can't wait!"

——————————————————————
later that evening...

I was cleaning my room when I got an email notification.

I grabbed my laptop. I needed to see if we got the email about the volunteering program at the hospital.

I opened my email and saw clicked on the first email I saw from "University of Chicago- Volunteering Committee"

It gave us all the information we needed to know such as the days, how many hours we needed, as well as the different fields we could potentially work in. This seemed super exciting.

Tomorrow was the first day, so I immediately started planning my outfit. Since I can't wear comfy clothes, I opted for a cute pair of skinny jeans and a sweater incase it was cold in the hospital.

I was super excited. I'd finally get firsthand experience in a hospital setting.

This is only the beginning.