chapter 17

My professor gave us a week of break from our internships to relax. This was nice becasue it gave me time to catch up on my assignments from my other classes. I'm taking online classes in addition to the internship to make sure I don't fall behind.

Since I had the week off, I made a plan to be productive. This consisted of waking up early, working out, and studying at community room in our apartment. Then, I would head to the hospital and study in one of the lounges or Sahar's office.

Even though I was on break and I was sure half of my classmates would be sleeping in to the late afternoon and not even touch their laptop or textbook during the break, I still wanted to stay on a consistent schedule so that I could be productive and get ahead.

I know, I'm crazy haha.

But it's okay, it works for me :)

I was currently on my way to the hospital. I completed a ton of calculus assignments this morning and felt super accomplished.

I also went on a small walk, but started to feel super tired and crampy, so I ended it early. Sure enough, mother nature came.

Perfect.

I threw on sweats and a quarterzip jacket along with my white vans, and headed out the door. I opted for a comfy fit today since I know my first two days were always the worst.

I reached the hospital and made my way to my brother's office. He wasn't in there, so I set myself up on the couch with my blanket I alwasy kept here, and my laptop.

I worked for about an hour and a half until I heard a knock on the door. It couldn't have been Rowan because he would've just barged in, regardless.

I muttered a "come in" and the door opened. Soon, I saw a bright smile.

Dr. Hood.

"Why hello there, Safiya. What are you doing here?" He asked me confused. I sat up from where I was laying on the couch. "HII Cal. Dr. Malik is my brother and im off this week so I've been hanging out here". I told him with a small smile.

He grinned "I didn't know that. That's very cool! I was here becsause I came to talk to your brother about a patient. I referred him to surgery" he told me.

"I can't tell you when he'll be back, but I can give him a message for you!"

"That'd be great, thank you. By chance, how was your time with Dr. Hemmings?" he asked me, making conversation.

"It was alright, not as good as it was with you, but not too bad either." I told him with a small smile.

He laughed to himself. "Yeah I heard haha"

"You heard?" I  asked him, confused. he nodded his head.

"Yeah, Luke is one of my best friends. Him and two of our other mates all share a house together. We've all known each other for ages now and have been close since before med school."

I nodded. "That's really cool, that's like my brother and his friend Dr. Rowan Moretti from the emergency department, have been best buds since forever".

"Yep, exactly. The other evening, Luke came home and we were talking about our day. He happened to tell me everything that happened. I'm glad you're okay now. If anyone gives you a hard time again, you know where to find me" he said meaningful.

"Thank you, Dr. Hood" i laughed.

"Of course." Soon after, my brother walked in. "Hi Dr. Hood, hi peanut" He told us both as he took off his coat and threw on his jacket.

"Hey, Dr Malik. I was wondering if you were free to discuss this patient I recently saw"

He nodded. "Of course, have a seat" he said as he pointed to one of the chairs in front of him. They began to discuss the patient and a tuned out.

My cramps started to hurt more, so I put away my laptop and wrapped up on the couch.

Before I knew it I drifted asleep.

A/N: hope you're loving it so far! Don't hesitate to leave a comment or vote ! : ) authors appreciate your support and uses it as motivation!

Thank you for supporting!