chapter 14

Since I already finished my lunch and I had a break, I decided to visit my brother to see what he was up to. I normally didn't like to bother him, but I had nowhere else to go. If he was busy, I would just find something else to do.

When I finally got his office, I knocked, and I heard a small "come in". I open the door and entered.

I saw Sahar sitting by his desk completing some paperwork. He immediately looked up and put his pen and glasses down on the desk, giving me a relieved, but concerned look on his face.

"Hey Saf, this is a nice suprise! What are you doing here aren't you supposed to be with your attending?" he asked, concerned.

I sighed. "He ended up giving me a break to go figure some stuff out." I told him as I sat down on his couch and watched the rain fall.

He looked concerned. "What happened?" He asked me as he rolled his chair over and directed all his attention to me.

"I got assigned to an asshole who is very mean to me and didn't let me take a break when needed. At lunch, he ended up leaving me and told Dr. Hemmings, whose my attending, a whole bunch of lies." I told Sahar.

"You're joking right?" He asked with an incredulous look on his face. As I said before, Sahar didn't play when it came to me health and diabetes. He knew the reason I asked for a break was probably to check my numbers.

I shook my head. "No he was a real tool. Has no personality or bedside manner whatsoever." I told him as I looked out the window

"What a dick." he muttered, angry. He then picked up his phone and dialed a number. Soon, the person on the other end picked up and Sahar spoke quietly into the phone. I didn't hear what he said.

He then got up, confusing me greatly. "Let's go" he said as he grabbed his coat and stethoscope. I got up and followed him.

"Sahar where are we going?" I asked him.

He turned around as we put on his lab coat and fixed the stethoscope around his neck.

"To have a conversation with this attending and his resident." He said confidently.

Oh shit.