chapter 21

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit of pain in my stomach. I got up, did my morning routine and then made my way to the kitchen.

"Morning peanut, how are you feeling? You can skip today if you don't feel good." He told me looking concerned.

I shook my head. "It's okay, I'll still go in today. I don't think we are allowed to miss days." I told him with an small smile. He didn't buy it.

"If you have a reasonable excuse you can." He said seriously.

"It's okay, ill be fine. If anything I'll just crash in your office" he nodded, still worried about me.

We made our way to the hospital. I went to the the meeting room where we got assigned our attendings.

As they were calling out names, I followed the person I was assigned to.

Dr. Ashton Irwin.

The doctor that came into the room yesterday explaining why the students needed to learn.

Perfect.

My anxiety started to rise. My palms got really sweaty and my heart started to beat a million miles and hour. I wasn't sure where we stood. If he was mad at my brother for basically kicking them out, or if he just didn't give a shit and left anyway.

Who knows.

I followed the two other interns to the obstetrics and gynecology wing of the hospital. We entered the lounge where I saw none other than himself Dr. Irwin sitting in at the table, leaned back on his chair with his leg propped up on his knee.

He looked intimidating.

As soon as we locked eyes, recognition flashed across his face. It was as if the cat laid eyes on a mouse.

I anxiously pulled my chair out and took a seat, waiting for him to speak. 

"Welcome to the Obgyn wing. Here you see everything related to women's health. Its a serious field, so don't fuck around" he said, his eyes burning through me.

"I've already assigned you to your respective places. Make sure to listen and follow directions. If you don't, you're out of here." He said, his voice strong and hard.

He began to tell us who we were with today.

"Safiya Malik, you're with me." He said

shit.