Laryngitis

just a short, hopefully cute, imagine that popped into my head after hearing about poor Lukey

~Cal sings to Luke when Luke can't~

i hope you enjoy :))

_________________________

Laryngitis;

An inflammation of the voice box from overuse, irritation, or infection.

~~~

Calum sits in one of the uncomfortable waiting room chairs, his tall legs stuffed in an awkward position as he bounces them continuously, anxiety coursing through his chest and mind.

His stomach felt uneasy and the stupid celebrity magazines the hospital provided were doing nothing of the sort in distracting him.

But, he had every right to be nervous.

His boyfriend woke up this morning, and couldn't speak to him and Calum just about freaked, demanding they go to the hospital immediately.

He couldn't help that he cared for Luke's whole being, he loved the boy-sometimes maybe a little too much- to the point where the blond consumes him.

Calum swore there was always a missing piece inside of him deep down, an empty mystery, and he swears now that Luke filled it as soon as he came in eye contact with him.

So there he sat, hands gripping the magazine so tightly his knuckles were turning white. His eyes glanced up around him constantly as he felt people were watching him. What's taking Luke so long, anyway?

"Hey, you okay, mate?" A familiar voice whispers, and Calum jumps and turns to see a sleepy Ashton who's head is cuddled into a sleeping Michael's neck. He forgot his other mates were there, so caught up in other thoughts. When Ashton realizes that he scared Calum, he puts a comforting hand on his shoulder and rubs gently. "Shhh Cal. S' just me. Luke's gonna be fine, alright? He's not dying on us just yet." Somehow, Ash always knew just what to say.

"Thanks, Ash." He sets the magazine down and flashes back to just half an hour ago when he had a 10 minuet argument with the nurses on wether he was family or not.

"Sir, boyfriends do not count as immediate family, you'll have to wait here in-"

"What, are you discriminating? Why can't boyfriends come in huh? Lady what crawled up your ass you need to gather the other nurses and go on strike outside if you need a higher pay because your personal life does not concern me and-"

"Sir," the nurse interrupts, "I'd say the same to a straight couple. Now please go wait here."

"No one interrupts Calum Hood," Cal mumbles as he walks up to Luke and kisses him hard smack on the lips. Luke blushed and pleaded Cal with his eyes to stop making a scene even though he secretly enjoyed it.

"Mr. Hood! He could be highly contagious!" Calum rolls his eyes,

"Your bitchiness is highly contagious"

So, maybe Calum had a little sass in him in the morning.

But right now was exactly why he needed to go in with Luke.

Imnotgoingtohaveapanicattack

He repeated to himself.

"Friends of Luke Hemmings?" A soft voice calls out suddenly. Calum snaps his head up to see Luke standing tiredly next to a nurse. (Not the same as earlier, thank god)

Calum gets out of his uncomfortable chair and shakes Mashton awake before running up to the two. Luke can see the fear in Calum's eyes and feels bad immediately.