everything is going to be okay

Hello this is hellen and i made a short quick cake oneshot that inspired from jayden and destiny's previous posts so enjoy yayaya (i think)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Luke couldn't sleep.

He already tried so many times to get himself to sleep. He already tried so many things too, for examples were like, counting cows from one until one hundred with his eyes closed, covering his eyes with pillows whilst his hands were resting against his chest to keep his breathing steady, and even, he took sleeping pills after he eventually gave up.

But, everything that listed above were merely changed nothing. He still couldn't sleep. His eyes managed to open widely as blue, luminous ocean colored were spraying perfectly around his irises as he looked around the dark room, confused why the hell he still couldn't sleep after he had done all of those things.

Sighing deeply, he stepped out from his bedroom and trudged downstairs, quietly and carefully. Considering he was living with his another three best friends, of course some part of him didn't want them to wake up. Just because he couldn't sleep, and somehow needed someone at the moment, didn't mean he would wake them up to accompany him at the middle of the night.

His eyes were wandering around the room, eyeing every detail that had already been there since the first time they had moved, like everything was suddenly became interesting, since he didn't know what to look at. He stepped his feet little by little, still careful, and quiet as he cautiously walked toward the kitchen, thinking that perhaps he needed a cup of hot chocolate or tea to make himself calm, and relax at the same time.

Before he could reach towards the kitchen, he heard a sound of light clank being made as he stepped his feet more little by little, wondering who was in the kitchen right now, seeing that the clouds were already shielded with a black paint, moon displayed beautifully at the sky, saying that it was a midnight time already.

But, Luke felt grateful that it was someone he knew really well after his gaze caught a very familiar figure. It was one of his best friends. The other boy who stood there, was pouring a hot water inside the mug, leaving some steamy tendrils coil around the air after. Luke thought maybe that was a coffee, remembering the raven haired boy wasn't really a fan of a tea. Luke smiled slightly at the sight.

"Calum?" Luke called with a whisper, yet loud enough for Calum to hear.

The maori boy turned his head to see Luke stood there with his knee kinked a little bit and eyebrows raised questioningly, curiosity clearly written across his face. Calum only smiled, grabbing the mug in between of his palm before walking out from the kitchen, leaving Luke with more confusion as his gaze trailed over Calum who plopped himself onto the sofa.

He really looked so cuddly like this, with his soft, straggly black strands of hair that piled one against another, and a grey shirt engulfed his body, Luke thought.

"You're not coming?" Calum inquired, thick eyebrows rose up in question as a small playful smirk curling on the corner of his full lips, making Luke let out a chuckle.

Without another further thinking, the blond immediately made his way towards Calum, plopping himself down onto the soft, comfortable sofa beside the maori. He stole a quick glimpse at the older boy under his lashes, watching his strong features slightly before opening his mouth to speak something, trying to make a conversation with his best friend. But somehow, he got beaten first after he heard a familiar soothing voice filling both of his ears.

"So, what's wrong?" Calum asked, taking the remote that laid spindly onto the small table in front of them with one grab and clicking on it, showing a random show from the tv. "You couldn't sleep?"