Real bands save fans, real fans save bands.

[side pic is relevant]

hi guies.

This gonna be my thoughts more on us as fans, than the boys themselves, i feel like we need this.

So, there's a lot of drama going on in the fandom right now. A lot.

it's stressful, it really is. Even for those who don't necessarily want to get involved. We're worried and confused and done.

And it's sad. It's sad seeing people slowly leaving cake, slowly leaving 5sos, slowly leaving wattpad.

it's sad having those feelings yourself, when those things used to be so important to you.

it's sad having a band mean so much to you, and not knowing what to believe, not knowing who they are anymore and if everything was just a lie. It's hard.

We've told stories, made friends, felt alive, been saved, felt apart of something through this band.

Tbh, how some people are so easily letting go is beyond me. They're fucking up, but for me it's gonna be harder to just be like 'peace, I'm out'.

this post is not about 5sos tho. i hope they get their act together, i hope they remember why they're doing this, i hope their music stays a key part of them. I'll always be on their side and love them, but they need a real wake up call.

This post is for yall. Bc like i said, this is hard. And wether you're trying to ignore all of this, or taking sides, we're all a fam whether you like it or not.

I'm here to say, i love you.

Seriously. You all have some special thing about you, an unique trait, a talent, you're all so special and beautiful and you're loved. You're gonna do great things in life, and i want you to look back on your fandom years with a smile, not a frown. All the pain and confusion in life you feel now? it'll all pass one day, and i can't wait for that for all of you.

Some people have kpop, drawing, sports, tv shows, anime, video games movies, some have more than one, but we have bands, music. That's our thing. It's what lifts us up, and we're not always cool or popular for it but it's our thing. Our escape. So, embrace it. Don't feel ashamed, don't regret. Don't judge other people's things. just fall in love with the fact that when life's totally shit, we have music to distract us no matter what. And that's awesome.

And this is really saddening Bc we look up to them. They make us happy and want to strive for our dreams, so to see them being problematic again and again just hurts.

Yeah, yeah. We need to focus on the music, not their personal lives. Pfft, tell that to the media dude. It's too late. We care about them as people now. We care about Michaels mental health, we care about if Calum's being appreciated enough, we care. 

What we don't care about is their sex lives, partying lives, or how they ((Luke)) think of girls as obsessive objects. Bc that's apart of them too, but it's their business if they wanna act like egotistical assholes.

We've had issues in this fandom about wether the guies are shallow and judgmental to certain fans forever. they're just bringing it to the forefront.

Also. Feel free to attack me: uhm, wtf is luke doing btw?? Like ever since arz entered the picture he's seemed off, but now he needs a good slap. Whoops

Anywank, back to us. Try and remember things. Remember Michael struggles mentally, and needs our support. Remember it's about the music, and they have make great ones. Remember our good times, and that the good outweighs the bad. in cake remember that the cool thing about ships is it doesn't have to be going on irl to be shipped.

Look at the title of this chap, let's put it to work.

this was more of a serious post, but yall have to know that we'll get through this together. We're still a fam, no matter what happens.

Share ur opinions to get it off ur chest if u must. ik i have mine.

i hoped this helped, even a little. You're all beautiful, i love you.

It'll be okay.

~Des❤️