Chapter 44

Next Day

Taehyung groaned and rubbed his eyes, at the greeting of sunlight. He licked his dried lips and took a clear vision.

With a slight pain in his legs, he jolted up when realisation hit him.

"Y/n..--"

"Wait-this place is so familiar.. wait! This is my house?!"
He panicked and quickly got out of bed.

But he paused, and looked behind to find y/n sleeping ever so peacefully. Taehyung's heart felt peace, sudden relief ran through his veins as he sat on the bed.

He stretched out his hand and caressed her forehead kissing it softly. He got confused at how many pillows were surrounding her.

He squinted his eyebrows, yet shrugged it off.

'I must bring breakfast, before she wakes up'
Thinking that to himself, he stood up and wrote a note in case she gets up before he comes back.

Without any second thoughts, he went away leaving her alone behind, not knowing what actually happened.

---------

Y/n woke up with a groan. She attempted to stretch her arms, but wailed out loudly at the impact. She instantly dropped down her hands.

Her eyes welled up. She looked beside but found no one. She tried to move only to hiss in pain. She dropped herself.

Not finding Taehyung anywhere, she cried softly.

-------

Taehyung hurriedly entered with a bag full of snacks and warm breakfast. He instantly kept it on the counter and went up to check on y/n.

He was caught off-guard when he heard sobs and sniffs. He panicked went inside.

Y/n was sobbing his name, and he couldn't be more worried.

Taehyung: "Love.. hey why are you crying?"
He tried to hold her, and unknowingly he grabbed the injured part only for her scream in pain again.

Taehyung shrieked away. His eyes were teary. He watched how her face was twisted in pain.

Taehyung: "W-what's wrong, y/n? D-did I hurt you?"

Y/n was full on crying mode. Taehyung didn't know what to do. He had zero idea of what was going on.

He cried along with her. Y/n zipped her lips and looked at now crying Taehyung.

Y/n: "I-I'm hurt.. w-why are you crying?"
She whispered.

Taehyung: "Y-you're hurt? Where y/n? P-please tell me.."
He sobbed softly.

Y/n shook her head, she sobbed.
"W-where were you?"

Taehyung: "I went out to bring s-some groceries, I thought you'll be hungry once you wake up"

Y/n nodded softly.

Taehyung: "Y/n.. tell me. Are you hurt?"
He asked worriedly.

Y/n sighed.

Y/n: "I was kind of stabbed--"

Taehyung: "WHAT?! S-stabbed? H-how? I-- I didn't protect you?"
He was panicking. Stabbed? His hands trembled at the thought of her being hurt.

Y/n sighed.
"Tae.. I'm okay. Don't panick. It's because of you why I'm alive infront of you.."

Yes she lied, but Taehyung needs it so much.

He felt a quite better than before.

"B-but.. how could I let someone s-stab you"
He muttered in low voice.