Chapter 63

At Midnight

Y/n pinched the bridge of her nose, after working on the laptop. TaeTae slept a long time ago. She wanted to sleep too but she held back her desire and worked.

She was supposed to visit her husband’s company tomorrow again.

She loved the experience and also loved her job. At the back of her head, she was continuously thinking about Jack and her feelings.

“Y/n?”
She snapped and looked beside. It was dark as the only light source was her laptop and study lamp.

“What are you doing up so late?”
She blinked her eyes, not getting to look at her handsome husband.

Y/n: “Uh.. I just wanted to complete these..”
She replied, not exactly knowing what personality was she talking to.

“Is that urgent? Can’t you sleep for now?”

Y/n: “I just have 3 more left.”
She replied with a smile.

“Can I get you something, like do you need water? Or food?”
Y/n smiled in realization.

Y/n: “Can you keep hugging me until I complete them?”
I looked at him, with hopeful eyes.

“Hug you? And how will you do the work then?”

Y/n: “I can manage! You can sit on my lap tho!”
She spread her arms widely facing the figure. He chuckled.

“You can’t handle my weight, I don’t want your legs to be numb”
Y/n pouted.

Y/n: “Then let me sit on your lap!”

“What’s with you? I’m getting back to sleep..”
Y/n frowned.

Y/n: “Is that it? Is that much you love me?”
she replied sulking. Jack paused then and there.

“Love? Angel.. it’s not like that okay? I just---”

Y/n: “It’s okay you can sleep as much as you want.. I’ll just complete”
She muttered coldly and stared back at the screen with a straight face. Jack sighed heavily. He hopped down the bed and walked to her.

He swiftly pulled out the chair, y/n startled. He snaked his arms around her torso.

Y/n: “Jack w-wha—”
He lifted her up and sat on the chair, settling her on his lap, straddling her. Y/n stared at him with her lips parted.

Jack wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer, his eye never off her when he did so.

There faces were just an inch away. Jack stared at her with his soft eyes. Y/n could notice his eyes dripping with love and care. She couldn’t just move on from her unknown feelings.

Her lips quivered, and eyes filling with tears. Jack instantly panicked and loosened his grip on her waist.

Jack: “Was my grip too tight? Why are you crying, tell me please”
He cupped her cheeks, staring at her worriedly. Y/n cried harder at it. She joined their foreheads and sobbed softly.

Y/n: “p-please.. I’m sorry.. please.. p-please forgive me..”
She stammered with so much vulnerability. Jack felt a pang in his heart.

Jack: “I forgave you that instant angel.. I’m not mad at you. I'm not mad”
Y/n shook her head.

Y/n: “I-I never meant to say a-any of that.. I love it.. w-when you let me know how much sorry you are for our past and how much you love me. P-please d-don't stop..”

Jack pursed his lips to hold himself back from crying. He caressed her cheeks, their breaths hitting each other. Their noses touched.

Jack: “Don’t say like that angel.. please..”