{Ch.2}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ CURRENTLY standing on the doorstep to the Gilbert residence, Ophelia walked inside without knocking.

"You know knocking is customary?" John said when she walked into the kitchen.

"Well it's hard to learn and then remember every stupid custom that you people have. But I do happen to remember that you don't live here," Ophelia said teasingly similar to how Damon spoke to people.

John rolled his eyes at her and closed the refrigerator door.

He suddenly gasped causing Ophelia to turn her attention to him and spot the brunette girl beside him.

"You scared me," John tells the girl who Ophelia remembered as Elena Gilbert.

"Sorry," The girl said with a straight face.

The brunette's eyes fluttered over towards Ophelia and stayed on her for a moment before she walked towards the kitchen island.

"Is Jenna home?" John asked obviously just trying to make conversation.

"She had to meet the fire chief about the building. She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up," Elena said though Ophelia felt like something was off about her.

Not something major, more like something small like how she was feeling at the moment compared to how she usually felt.

"Yeah, I know. How's Jeremy?" John murmured softly his eyes never leaving the brunette's form.

Ophelia stared at Elena, she was sent there by Damon to make sure that Elena was fine before returning home.

Though Damon made a point to tell her that she needed practice with being 'social,' with people besides him and Stefan.

Also making sure to tell her that she had to wait a few minutes before leaving so that she wasn't 'impolite.'

Whatever that meant.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and groaned silently. 'How long is a few minutes again? Has it been a few minutes?' She wondered.

"Holed up in his room," Elena murmured in reply to whatever John had asked and she placed a plate into the sink before spinning around to face Ophelia and John again.

"Can I help?" John asked after a few moments though Ophelia wasn't sure what he was referring too.

"Sure," Elena said after staring for a few moments.

Elena suddenly used a knife and chopped John's fingers off and Ophelia tried her best to conceal her laughter once Elena turned towards her.

Upon hearing the brunettes joyous laughter. Kathrine winked at Ophelia. Breaking out of her acting and grabbing John by the neck.

"Katherine!" John squeaks out with a wheeze as Katherine held his throat and cut off his oxygen.

"Hello, John," Katherine said before tilting her head while her fangs came out and her eyes had veins underneath.

"Goodbye, John," She smirked as she stabbed him in the abdomen.

Katherine then dropped John and sped away while sending Ophelia a smirk.

Leaving Ophelia standing in the Gilbert kitchen in slight shock.

Ophelia debated her next movement, help John or just leave.

She decided to help John -begrudgingly- since Stefan would scold her if she didn't.

Something about being a decent human being.