{Ch.8}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ELIJAH woke with a low groan as he yanked the plank off wood from his chest and the grey veins finally finished retreating.

He slammed his fist into the ground in anger as he realized that he had lost the girl and the doppelgänger to some young vampires because he had underestimated them.

He won't make that mistake again but he also knew that some stupidly arrogant vampires won't be able to truly kill him.

...

Ophelia sat on the Salvatore couch as she attempted to knit as Shelia had shown her when she came over once a few weeks ago.

Ophelia was failing at the ridiculously tedious hobby. When Damon entered the room with Stefan and Elena not far behind him.

Rose walks into the room with a small smile that told them that she was a bit anxious.

"You !" Elena exclaims worriedly as a whole stupid argument breaks out until Elena calms down and sits herself beside Ophelia.

"Look Lena," Ophelia whispered to the seventeen year old with a sweet smile on her ruby colored lips. As she moved slightly to bring the mess of 'knitted,' yarn towards the girl.

Elena nodded approvingly with a tired looking smile. "Look's nice 'Relia,"

Ophelia grinned brightly at the other girls quite approval.

"Alright, I guess it's time that we address the elephant in the room," Damon joked as he walked forward a bit and held a beer bottle in his hand.

Ophelia's head shot up from looking down at her yarn. She twisted around and panicked.

"We have an elephant ? Where ! Where's the elephant ?" She asked loudly causing Rose to snicker and Stefan to snicker slightly before he glared at Rose. A glare that read 'Hey ! Only I get to laugh at her,'

Upon seeing the glare that she was receiving from the younger Salvatore, Rose quickly shut up and coughed a bit to pretend to clear her throat.

"There's no elephant kid, it's just an expression," Damon says while patting her head of brown hair.

Ophelia rolled her eyes and huffed. "Got me all excited....I wanted to see an elephant..." She grumbled and a few more incoherent grumbled could be heard afterwards but the group continued on with there discussion about the original vampires.

While Ophelia continued to fail at knitting. "This sucks," She muttered quietly as she silently quit by throwing the bundle of yarn behind the couch.

Unfortunately for her, Stefan had noticed. "Did you just throw something behind the couch ?" He questioned and Ophelia momentarily panicked before answering.

"No ? Are you sure Damon's the old one ? You seem like you're getting dementia," She remaked, knowing damn well that she did throw something behind the couch.

...

A little while later Damon and Ophelia sat on the Salvatore couch while watching the cartoon movie Cinderella.

When Stefan stepped into the living room.

"How was school Stefan ?" Damon asked teasingly, not caring about how school was.

"Good, we learned about the first man on the moon," Stefan snarks back but his words seemed to have interested Ophelia.

Her ears perked up at the new information and she turned to him quickly while standing up. Looking remarkably like a meercat in the wild.

"The Man in the moon !" Ophelia asks causing Stefan and Damon confusion. She had heard Stefan wrong and it had solidified a belief of hers.

"Oh the moon, I don't trust that guy," Ophelia murmured bitterly as if the moon was her worst enemy.

"No Ophelia-" Stefan tried but Ophelia was quick to interrupt her uncle.

"Can I go to school ?" She asked and Damon blinked in shock. He knew the day would come when she's have to go to school but he had refused to acknowledge it so soon.

"What am I not entertaining enough for you anymore ?" Damon asked trying to hide his hurt feelings with a mindless joke.

Ophelia only rolled her eyes.
"I want to learn things like Uncle Stefan does everyday !" She says and Damon only lets out a small grunt, putting his glass down and standing up to get off the couch.

"Please let me go ! I'll have Lena and Uncle Stefan there with me, Caroline will be there too !" She exclaims excitedly.

"It's been sooooo long since I've talked to anyone but you and Uncle Stefan. If fact the last time that I talked to someone else other than you two was when I was KIDNAPPED !" Ophelia explained a bit dramatically while dragging out the 'o' in 'sooo.'

Damon sighs and refills his glass with bourbon. He drinks it quickly and begrudgingly places a counterfeit smirk on his face.

"And what kind of a father figure would I be if I kept you from you're learning," Damon remarked while trowing his hand up.

A squeal leaving Ophelia's lips due to her overwhelming amount of excitement.

"Well Stefan I guess you're bringing her along with you tomorrow," Damon drawls out as he plops back down on the couch beside her and Ophelia scoots towards him.

Stefan sighs and nods to himself. He was glad that his niece was going because education was very important to him but he also worried on how well he'd be able to keep her from getting in trouble at school.

•••
900 WORDS

A/N; A SHORT CHAPTER, I KNOW. BUT WE HAVE MORE TO COME !

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT OPHELIA GOING TO SCHOOL 🤗

Unedited -

••••

A/N : THANK YOU ALL SM