{29}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA hopped out of Tyler's car and waved to him as he pulled out the driveway.

She headed toward her homes door with a small grin decorating her lips. She had missed her dad in these last few hours.

She pulled the key out of her pocket. It was attached to a small chain that clipped to her leggings. —Ophelia never wore Jeans. She couldn't stand the texture of them.

Ophelia stuck the key into the door, twisting it but frowned when the door wouldn't open.

She huffed and took the key out to try again. Ophelia grew frustrated by the fifth try and threw the key away. Onto for it to come back and hit her in the face thanks to the little chain.

Angrily, she turned to the door again and slammed her frame into it. Successfully 'opening the door.'

Ophelia triumphantly stepped inside with a bright grin of victory.

Stefan had heard the crash and came downstairs quickly to see it was just Ophelia...and a broken door.

He was beyond confused but decided it was best to just go with it.

"Hey Kiddo. You uhh, forgetting somthin'?" Stefan asked with a small chuckle as Ophelia walked further inside the Salvatore home.

Ophelia shot him a confused glance. Before a look of realization hit her face.

She went over to the split door. The wood was splintered across the middle and was holding on for dear life by the hinges. She took the key out her pocket, stuck it into the door and locked it.

"Done!" She happily chirped before walking away, heading to the kitchen to start making dinner.

Katherine had promised to be back early that night so they could cook dinner together for themselves and the rest of the Salvatore household.

Stefan stared at the broken door for a moment.

"Damon's kid, Damon's door equals Damon's problem," Stefan rationalized aloud with a shrug before heading over to the kitchen to keep Ophelia company till Katherine arrived.

"Good evening, Kiddo," Stefan greeted properly, giving her a quick kiss to the forehead in a familiar manner. Before breezing past her to the kitchen island.

"Evenin' Uncle Stefan," Ophelia acknowledged.

He gave her a grin and stole an apple off the counter tops.

"No bunny's today?" She asked curiously seeing as Stefan would usually be out about now, hunting.

"Nope! Had a little something to eat earlier," He replied simply with a shrug.

Ophelia gave him a small frown. "Does that mean you're not gonna have dinner with us?" She asked him.

Stefan was quick to respond "Of course I am! Who do you take me for?" He asked rhetorically.

While he hadn't been planning on staying for dinner, especially since he doesn't need to eat human food.

He changed his mind about going once Ophelia frowned.

Ophelia quickly brightened up at his words. "Yay," She cheers lightly.

Ophelia grabs her phone out of her pocket rapidly. Looking for something specific but not seeming to find it.

She sighs and puts it away. Looking at the clock before heading over to the fridge to get a drink.

Her phone buzzed and she quickly took it out to see. Stefan watched intently as she sighed again with a frown marring her face.