{Ch.13}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ "OPHELIA,"
Damon said quickly, panic on his face.

"Excuse me ?" Liz Forbes said in pure confusion. As Damon had just rushed into the station and said a name.

"Ophelia. She's missing. I can't find her ! I- don't. She went to school but she didn't even go to her first class. No one's seen her since this morning," Damon explained panic so evident in his voice.

"Liz you gotta help me find her, please?" Damon said his voice sounded like he has been crying and while Liz thought it was just her imagination.

She would never know just how much panic was in Damon's body the moment he received the call that his little girl was not to be found.

It had been a peaceful morning up until that dreadful moment when he answered his phone and practically got smacked in the face with a bag of bricks.

He had nearly dropped the phone in shock. His voice gave out. He couldn't respond to Stefan who was explaining everything to him.

Damon felt like his heart had stopped. Which is had a long time ago but that wasn't the point.

Damon kept doing his best to focus and yet it all seemed to be for nothing as he just couldn't accomplish it.

When he had finally gathered himself. Including his shattering heart. He headed to the police station to tell Liz to send out some kind of alert.

Enlisting everyone he knew to help find her. His little girl.

"Okay, relax I'll send out a message to the town to be on the lookout. I just need you to fill in some basic information about her," Liz said comfortingly.

Damon nodded quickly. Ready to list everything about Ophelia, from her height to her favorite shade of green.

"Full name ?" Liz asked and Damon didn't hesitate to give his answer.

"Ophelia Sterling Salvatore," He said, doing his best to keep his voice even.

Liz scribbled the name down before asking her next question.

"Last seen ?"

"School ! Mystic falls high school. Specifically, right before her first class at 6:38am exactly. The last person to see her was Stefan Salvatore and Elena Gilbert. She was heading to the main office," Damon spoke quickly.

Ready to get this over with and go searching for Ophelia himself.

"Thank you, Just a few more questions," Liz said trying to keep the whole conversation polite while Damon just wanted it to be quick.

"Has she got any....issues ?" Liz questioned hesitantly to Damon.

"Excuse me?" Damon asked, his voice hard and his face slowly contorting into one of anger.

"Has she ever been...abused? Was there any reason for her to want to runaway?"
Liz questions carefully. Nervous to how Damon could react.

"We need to know if she'll be skittish or if we're searching for a runway or a kidnapped kid," Liz explained quickly though her voice trailed off out of nervousness.

"No." Damon said quietly. Keeping his temper as tame as possible to get this over with. All he wanted was to find Ophelia.

"Okay... parentage ?" Liz questions.

"Me." Is all Damon says causing Liz to nod slightly but she hesitates before speaking, worried that she may push the man over the edge with all the questioning and how unstable he seemed to be.

"-And her mother?" Liz questions quietly, caution clear in her tone.

Damon was unsure what he should say. Ophelia never seemed to need a mom. What was he to say? Was he to lie?