{Ch.25}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA let's our a loud groan as she rests her head against the window.

"I've never hated alcohol more in my life. I'll never understand alcoholics," Ophelia grumbles bitterly as she try's too get rid of her hangover by rubbing her forehead.

"Much obliged Ophelia," Elijah says. She gives him a nod. Unsure of what obliged meant.

"Sorry for being drunk when you picked me up but it'd be really grateful if you like didn't tell my dad," Ophelia tries with a small grin of pre given gratitude.

Elijah gives her a slight grin. "I suppose it wouldn't cause much harm too withhold that particular piece of information," Elijah responded hesitantly.

Ophelia grinned brightly at the man. Going to give him a hug. —Not thinking of how dangerous that was since he was driving them.

He swerved off the road a bit since Ophelia had covered his eyes for quite a bit. Finally just hugging her back. She happily leans back to return to her seat.

"You're a good person 'Lijah," Ophelia mumbles softly while leaning her head against the car window. Allowing her eyes to close gently.

Elijah stiffens at the girls words. His eyes flitting over to her sleepy form.

His muscles were tense, he could feel it. His hands tightened around the steering wheel in frustration and confusion.

'How could she say that?' He wonders.

All he could think about is all the atrocities he had committed in the name of his family. The way he had been trying to subconsciously maker her trust him more than the Salvatore's.

The plan he had to allow Elena to die so he could lure Klaus into town so he can kill him in the name of his family.

He shakes the thoughts from his head. There wasn't much he could do about it now all he could think of to do was to try and live up to the expectations Ophelia now held him at.

He began to wonder if he could contact the witch that had originally made the potion he acquired for Katherine's sacrifice that never took place. Perhaps he could get one for Elena? Yes, that is what he decided to do.

The doppelgänger lives, Ophelia is happy and still thinks of his as a good person. He couldn't let that go away. He refused to let that happen.

He hears soft babbling and he glances over at Ophelia.

"Ketchup...Puppies...mean unicorns... Stefan eating rocks.... Dumbo the elephant.... Banana..... SpaceeEeEeEeeeeEE," Ophelia mumbled.

Elijah stared at her for a moment wondering what she was thinking about before remembering he was driving once the car swerved a bit.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Elijah exited the car after parking it carefully.

He stepped out the car and went to the other side. To open the door for the still sleeping Ophelia.

Once Ophelia had heard his car door open and close, she had awoken.

He opened the door on her side politely.

"Thank you," Ophelia remarked sweetly as she went to stand.

Only to be held back by the seatbelt, causing her to fall back into the seat.

"Oh," She mumbled embarrassed by herself and unbuckling quickly with a small blush forming on her face.

When she away from the seatbelt and turned back toward the door. She saw Elijah extending his hand to her in a graceful manner.