{Ch.3}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━DAMON knew that Ophelia needed to be signed up to the mystic falls high school but he also knew that she couldn't handle it at the moment.

Especially since she was still having trouble grasping the handshake.

Ophelia mumbled a bit as she looked up from her bowl of cereal.

A curse left her lips and Damon's head shot up from his spot in the kitchen.

"Hey ! No cursing," He scolded as he sped into the room.

"You weren't supposed to hear me," She told him with a pout on her lips.

"Well I did so, don't say that again," Damon said with a thin lipped smile of sorts.

"-But you say it all the time ?" Ophelia said in confusion as she furred her eyebrows together.

"Well- I- I am an adult-" He started only to be cut off by the brunette girl that was beside him.

"-I thought you were old ? Wouldn't that make you a....what was the word ? Senior City ?" She muttered the last few words in an unsure voice.

"Do you mean Senior Citizen ?" Damon asked spluttering slightly.

Ophelia's face lit up like a child on Christmas getting an extra gift.

"Yeah that's it !" She exclaimed, happy that she got the word relatively right.

"I- Who told you that word ?" Damon asked after a moment of hesitation.

"Tv," Ophelia said simply as if it was common sense.

"It wasn't exactly like anyone else could of told me. I spend most of my time here," Ophelia told him with a sarcastic grin.

Damon nodded. It had been weeks since he first found her.

She then stood and walked into the living room. Probably to watch some cartoons.

He had let her leave the boarding home a few days ago to visit Elena but now he was debating if letting her out was a good idea at all with Katherine still around.

"Damon I'm bored," Ophelia whined as she slouched on the living room chair.

"Well bored, why don't you do something," He retorted.

"Uncle Stefan says if you make anymore dad jokes then you may just start looking like one," Ophelia told him while remembering what Stefan had told her yesterday as a joke.

"That's not funny Ophelia," Damon scolded lightly to the brunette.

When he had first began to teach her about sarcasm, he hadn't expected his brother to become a role model of sorts for Ophelia and for her to start making fun of him.

"I think it is," She shrugged as if what he said had no meaning to her.

"I think, you should go to the grill and get yourself something to eat," Damon says as he thought about it. He realized that Ophelia had eaten the last of the food the night before.

"Yay !" She exclaimed excitedly while pumping her fists up into the air in victory.

Damon shook his head slightly and pulled some cash out of his pocket.

Holding it out to her and moments later Ophelia snatched the money and dashed out the door.

She began her walk to the grill since she couldn't drive. She could barely remember what to say to people she just meet. She would never be able to remember what all the signs on the road mean.

She could very easily remember the way to the grill since that's how she got food.

Ophelia hummed the theme to Batman as she walked down the paved sidewalk that held cracks in it.

Finally making it to the grill, she let out a sigh of relief and walked inside. Pulling the push door for a moment before pushing it, so she could enter.

"Good morning Matt," She said while walking up to the grill's counter.

"Morning Ophelia, What do you want to eat ?" He asked immediately, knowing she was only there for the food, not him. It was common sense.

"Cheese burger with fries and a strawberry milkshake.... please," Ophelia said, hesitating on the 'please,' as she momentarily forgot the word. Again.

Matt nodded, and waited for her to hand him the cash before he left to make her food.

She glanced around the grill and noticed that it wasn't too busy at the moment so hopefully her food would be done quicker than usual.

As she was glancing around, she caught sight of Elena Gilbert walking into the bathroom moments after a blur of blond hair.

Ophelia moved her own brunette hair to the side and began her walk towards the bathroom.

She paused when Matt called out to her.

"Ophelia, you're foods ready," He said leaving the food on the counter and walking away.

Ophelia frowned. She had a decision to make. She could eat her food while it was hot or go check on Elena and the blonde.

•••

890 Words </3

I just rlly wanted to post so that it wouldn't seem like I abandoned the book :) I haven't ! I'm aliveeeee !

Special thanks to:
GemXxHeart  for commenting on the last chapter. I love when you guys comment. It makes my day and helps me feel motivated to write.

A/N: Sorry for being so absent. I had a math regents to day and a science one tomorrow and then next week I have another exam but then I'll be freee !
(Other than work, I have a part time job since I'm in high school)
EDITED ✔️