{Ch.16}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA frowned as a sudden realization hit her.

"I'm gonna have to wait to see my girlfriend...Aren't I?" She rhetorically asked her family. Elijah stood awkwardly in the doorway as she turned towards her uncle Stefan.

"Yeah. Probably, sorry kiddo," Stefan comforted while gently patting her head.

"Bonnie!" Damon suddenly exclaimed quite loudly as if he had just been slapped across the face with a brilliant idea.

"Yes?" Bonnie replied curiosity in her voice. Though Elijah didn't miss the confusion on the beautiful witches face.

"Would you mind taking Ophelia upstairs to keep our wonderful little one here out of trouble," Damon says a bit of a patronizing smile on his lips. As he wrapped his arms around Bonnie's shoulders.

Bonnie quickly catches on to his 'brilliant' idea. Which was truly just a mediocre one.

"Come along doll," Bonnie murmured moving towards Ophelia with a forced grin as she took a hold of the girls wrist.

"Wait but what about-" Ophelia started, catching Elijah's attention.

"Later Ophelia. I promise," Bonnie quickly assured the girl.

Ophelia nods though she seems much more dull & dissatisfied than earlier.

Elijah stared intently at the brunette. Curiously intent in his eyes. Though for now he tore his attention away from the younger girl and was ready to focus on making a deal with the doppelgänger.

Elijah turned his body towards Elena. "Care to invite me in?" He asked, an annoying arrogance in his voice.

"Oh right. Come on in Elijah," Elena says immediately.

"Elena what the hell are you doing? Ophelia's inside." Stefan reprimands her in a soft whisper. While tugging at her forearm. Anger and frustration in his voice.

They had put the house in her name just earlier. Since they didn't know if it would keep out vampires if they signed it over to Ophelia considering she was not exactly human. So to keep both Elena & Ophelia safe. They signed the Salvatore home over.

"Relax, I know what I'm doing. Plus he's an original, what am I gonna do? Say no?" Elena sassed the younger Salvatore with a roll of her brown eyes.

Stefan sent her a small smile of admiration but his anxious thoughts over protecting his niece did not subside much.

"Fine," He practically scoffed out. Letting go of her arm and moving to stand beside his elder brother.

"I'm here to make a simple deal...miss Gilbert. You help me draw Klaus to town and I give you my word that you and your loved ones will remain safe." Elijah says to the brunette deciding not to beat around the bush.

He had seen how attached the Salvatore's and the rest of the group seemed to be to Ophelia. He also knew that Klaus was unpredictable and would probably try to steal Ophelia away.

-And Klaus always got what he wanted. Elijah pitied the poor human woman that Ophelia was supposedly dating, Klaus would most likely murder her as to have Ophelia all to himself.

So he'd use the ruse of being here to protect Elena to use Ophelia to draw Klaus to town. If he can do that then he can use Ophelia as leverage to find if his siblings were truly lost at sea.

He doubted that Klaus could truly let go of his family. After all he knew his own brother...they had, had over a thousand years together to get to know each other.

•••

Ophelia and Bonnie sat on Ophelia's bed. Side by side as Ophelia calmly watched Bonnie couchette quietly.

Ophelia looked all around the room. Allowing her eyes to roam the whole place.

She suddenly let out a dramatic sigh. Followed by an extremely dramatized groan that was the embodiment of pure boredom.

"Bonnie I'm boredddd," Ophelia dragged out. A deep frown on her usually bright face.

Now typically Ophelia could entertain herself with solely her mind. Yet with the thought that she couldn't been seeing her girlfriend right now if that man hadn't shown up. Was driving her insane.

Maybe if she went downstairs and murdered him then she could go see Katherine.

She mulled over the thought for a minute before thinking better of it when realizing how large of a scolding Stefan would give her.

She lazily pulled herself up. Her head leaning back in a dead fashion. Her arms propping up her entire body. With her legs dangling off the bed side.

"Can we pleaseeeeee go see Katherine now? Like you promised." Ophelia asked while blowing some hair out of her face and into the air.

"Not yet. It's not safe," Bonnie says attempting to comfort the girl.

Ophelia let out a whine. "Whyyyyyyyyyy,"

"Look people typically have things against your father but now you also have the enemies of your girlfriend. That are gonna come after you one day or another," Bonnie says nervous for the girls reaction.

Ophelia let out a small "oh,"

She wasn't sure to what to say. People always tried to tell her about how awful her father is but she couldn't see it. No matter how hard she tried.

Her uncle Stefan had always reassured her that while her father was a less than good man before. Ever since she'd been around, he'd gotten better.

She had taken this as the final solution considering who would know him better than his own brother. But she wondered now.... What if Stefan was just covering for his brother.

Ophelia's insides crinkled uncomfortably at the thought. She then turned around again to look at her pale bedroom walls. Throwing the thought out her bedroom window.

Her father was a good man. Who cared what everyone else thought.

Ophelia sighed to herself and Bonnie had gotten enough of the girl.

"How about we read a book?" Bonnie asked the girl.

Ophelia perked up excitedly. "A book? You'll read it to me?" Ophelia's asked her.

Bonnie nodded with a smile. "Yeah. Go pick a good book,"

Ophelia quickly jumped off the bed. Rushing over to makeshift bookcase that Damon had built her.

She snatched a specific book off the shelf. Hopping over to Bonnie. Jumping into the bed and handing the witch the book.

"Cinderella? Really?"

"Yes please." Ophelia murmured.

•••1035 WORDS•••
A/N; I'm sorry that it's so short and random but it's mostly just a filler to get closer to the plot :)   Plus I wanted to make a little scene for Bonnie & Ophelia so that they're no longer strangers.