{Ch.6}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━OPHELIA groaned a bit as she came back into consciousness.

She picked up her head again as she looked around to see where she was.

"Oh no, I was kidnapped. Stefan's gonna drone on for an hour. Maybe longer," Ophelia whines out to herself as she lets her head flop down.

She hears a laugh ring out directly after she speaks and her head quickly flung upwards.

She gazed at the man who was suddenly in her line of sight.

She jumped slightly as she looked him over. As if it just processed in her head that he was there.

"Who are you ?" Ophelia questioned immediately. As she propped herself up by her elbows so she could see him better.

"Trevor. -And you are ?"

"You don't know who I am and you kidnapped me? Well I'm not very well versed in manners but I'm pretty sure that this means you have none!" Ophelia exclaimed in annoyance.

Trying to think back on all the manners Stefan had attempted to instill in her.

They had the audacity to kidnap her and yet not even know who she was. 'What. the. fudge. that. goes. on. ice cream,' Ophelia thought to herself.

"Sorry sweetheart, you were collateral damage and it won't hurt to hand over a snack with the doppelgänger," Trevor said and he felt a bit guilty for handing over the sweet looking brunette.

Ophelia huffed slightly in response.
"I hope you go to the coffee shop and order a rainbow sprinkle donut only for them to have run out!" Ophelia snaps angrily and Trevor chuckles again and Ophelia glares.

She lets out a light groan of frustration as she realized that she must have looked about 14-15 years old. He must be taking her as joke, he didn't believe her to be a threat of any kind.

'Asshole,' She thought bitterly before silently gasping in her head.

'When did I learn that one? Note to self don't tell Damon that I know another curse word,' She was broken from her thoughts by Elena waking up.

The brunette doppelgänger was on the floor after being slapped by Rose a while earlier.

"Are you alright?" Elena asked Ophelia as soon as she came too and spotted the younger looking girl.

Elena scrambled off the floor and went to check on Stefan's niece who she didn't want hurt. She found Ophelia to be sweet and innocent, she didn't want the girl to get hurt.

Elena placed a hand on Ophelia's cheek to turn the girl's head.

"They didn't hurt you right? They couldn't compel you? You drank your vervain this morning?" Elena asked and Ophelia nodded.

Elena sighed in relief. Elena had recently started to drink vervain while also wearing it. Ophelia had recommended it to the girl when she had come over to see Stefan.

Ophelia had told Elena all about how jewelry can be easily removed so the two started a thing.

Every morning when Stefan would pick up Elena to go to school, they would stop at the boarding house and Elena would drink a glass of vervain with Ophelia since it tasted gross and neither really wanted to drink it.

Though that morning, Elena had failed to come over since she needed to go to school early for Caroline.

—But Elena relaxed a bit when she realized that they both had vervain running through their veins at the moment.

Elena let go of Ophelia's face and then sat beside the younger girl.

While Ophelia was older than Elena mentally. Ophelia had a certain innocence and mentality to her that made Elena want to protect her.

It made everyone want to protect her from all the nasty things in the world.

Elena had to think quickly, she wanted to distract Ophelia before the brunette began to realize how dangerous the situation was.

"Ophelia do you have a hair tie?" Elena questioned and Ophelia nodded with a small grin.

"Mhmm," Ophelia hummed to Elena with a small smile.

"Prefect," Elena gave the girl a small smile and scooched towards the girl with one hand out for the hair tie.

Ophelia handed it over and moved forward on the couch so Elena could get situated behind her. Ophelia began to kick her feet while Elena started to braid her hair.

"Lena and Uncle Stefan kissing in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g, Damon got mad and then went bam-" Ophelia sang out and Elena jokingly smacked the girls shoulder.

"'Relia," Elena scolded the girl lightly.

Ophelia smiled brightly at the nickname. "'Relia?" She questioned.

"It's like Ophelia shortened," Elena grinned and Trevor stared at the two girl's curiously.

Suddenly Ophelia hissed out in pain and Elena furred her eyebrows in confusion. "Are you hurt?" She quickly questioned beginning to look over the girl.

Ophelia nodded her head.
"I didn't realize that I hurt my head. I think I hit it on the ground," She told them. Subconsciously bringing her hand towards her head.

Elena moved some of Ophelia's hair and found the spot that she had accidentally brushed over with her hand causing Ophelia's sudden pain.

"Trevor! Can you help her?" Elena questions in a begging tone.

"Uhh- Yeah," He mumbles walking over and biting into his wrist.

"No!" Ophelia shouted as she saw the vampire's movement.

"I don't want vampire blood in my system," Ophelia told him with a deep frown and winching a bit as pain washed over her wound again.

"'Relia, you need the help," Elena says in concern. Ophelia shakes her head.

"Fine. I'll take you to Rose if it will make you shut up," He said to the two girl's.

Ophelia took his outstretched hand and he lead her to Rose after telling Elena to stay there or he'll kill Ophelia.

Ophelia smiled a bit as she saw Rose.
"I'm bleeding, do you have any bandages?" Ophelia asked the girl shyly and Rose nodded.

She put some bandages on the spot of the bleeding and then they came back to the living room of the broken down mansion.

"Ophelia," Elena exclaimed in relief to the girl as soon as she spotted her.

Elena was quick to check her head injury to make sure it was taken care of properly while subtly looking for any new injuries on the girl.

"Thanks 'Lena," Ophelia mumbled to the girl.

"Thanks for what?" Elena questioned as they sat down and Rose and Trevor left the room.

"Caring," Ophelia told the girl. Elena smiled at the girl. "Of course, I care," She mumbled.

"You know. You don't have to do what you think Damon would do all the time? Just do what you think, you would do," Elena told the girl.

Ophelia frowned a bit and looked down in confusion.

Elena then frowned too. "That made sense right? I'm a good friend?" Elena asked a bit desperate to hear that she was doing something right.

Ophelia nodded with a small smile.
"Yeah, thank you," She said softly.

Suddenly the kidnappers. Rose & Trevor came back inside.

"I can't be here. He wants me dead," Trevor panics and Rose was quick to reassure him.

"Hey! What are we?" She asked.

"Family," They chorused and Trevor relaxed a bit.

"Don't make a sound and stay with them," She told him before speeding off to answer the door where the original stood waiting politely.

•••1233 WORDS•••
EDITED ✔️