{Ch.19}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA wakes from her spell endured slumber with a low groan.

"Fuck me," She mumbles in pain while rubbing her forehead.

"Don't mind if I do," A female voice says from beside her.

Ophelia blinks, staring at the ceiling for a moment before the voice registered in her brain as Katherine's.

"KAT!" Ophelia exclaims while jumping up from her bed and quickly wrapping her arms around Katherine Pierce.

Katherine placed her head on top of Ophelia's. Resting her chin on the girls hair. Taking in the moment and reveling in the feeling after being separated from Ophelia for so long.

"Hey, Sunshine. How are ya' feeling?" Katherine asked the brunette while pulling away.

Reaching her hand forward to move some loose strands of hair out of Ophelia's face while waiting on her answer.

Ophelia sends her a sad smile. "I feel really good about seeing you. But I feel really gross for hurting Mr.Alaric," Ophelia mutters.

Katherine furrows her eyebrows at the formal name but ignores it for now.

"It's okay. I know you didn't mean it. -And I'm sure he knows that too," She comforts the girl while rubbing her hand up and down Ophelia's fore arm.

Ophelia lets out a small hum of acknowledgment while seeming to think.

"Did Elijah help you out of the tomb?" Ophelia asked curiously.

"Yeah. It was really weird. I was sure he was gonna turn me over to Klaus or something but he told me that the only reason he wasn't was because he made a promise to a sweet girl that he couldn't possibly break," Katherine explains to her girlfriend.

Ophelia is surprised at how high in regard Elijah seemed to hold her in.

"That's nice of him," Ophelia reply's with a bright smile. Displaying her full set of teeth, minus one missing adult tooth.

She had lost it after failing to learn how to ride a bike when Damon had tried to teach her. He had been in a panic and was beyond ready to wrap her in bubble wrap. Even going as far as to look up prices of bubble wrap in bulk.

"How'd dad handle your return?" Ophelia asked. Surprised that they had such privacy at the moment.

"KATHERINE YOU BETTER NOT BE ALONE WITH MY DAUGHTER RIGHT NOW WITH THE DOOR CLOSED!"

"ITS CRACKED OPEN KEEP YOUR PANTIES ON!" Katherine shouted back at him.

Damon only rolls his eyes and speed upstairs to Ophelia's bedroom door.

Damon opens it without knocking making Ophelia gaps dramatically.

"DAD! NO! KNOCK," She says dramatically just like how Elena taught her to do.

"Ophelia. No. You can't be alone with her," Damon scoffs out deferring the two from their previous conversation.

"Yes I can," Ophelia shoots back.

Damon gapes at her sudden sass.
"Says who?"

"Says me." She deadpans while grabbing onto Katherine's hand. Intertwining their fingers with a small smile.

"What- no-" Damon splutters in pure confusion. How eyebrows furrowed. Unsure of what to do.

Stefan walks up behind Damon without him noticing.

"Why don't you just tell her the rules and leave it be?" Stefan suggests suddenly and sarcastically.

"Good idea," Damon murmurs while seeming to be thinking for a moment.