{Ch.18}

━━━━━━━ ☆☆ ━ OPHELIA rolled her eyes as Damon & Stefan continued to speak adamantly.

Warning her to be more careful, asking if she was alright and just overall overwhelming her with their worries.

"OKAY!" Ophelia practically shouted while pushing her hands into their chests to give herself some more space.

"Dad, Uncle Stefan. I love you guys but please. GIVE ME SOME SPACE BEFORE I SHIP MYSELF TO SPACE!" She cried out in anguish.

Damon and Stefan mutter soft apologies that overlapped one another. She simply muttered a small thank you while they all headed to the living room.

•••

Ophelia watched as Damon got distracted in his conversation with Elena. Allowing her to slip out of her seat at the living room table and slide into a seat beside Elijah.

"Elijah," She whispers like a small child would. Tugging on his jacket shoulders excess cloth.

He turns to her, having to look down to look her in the eye due to his height.

"Yes, little one?" He replied smoothly as he waited for a question.

"You're like a really powerful vampire, right? Like you can get someone out of the tomb?" Ophelia asked the man with a sheepish smile.

Elijah was confused until it clicked in his head. He quickly put the pieces together of the conversations he had overheard.

That whoever her girlfriend was had to be someone that was stuck in the tomb which is why Ophelia had to go see her. Which meant that Ophelia was seeing a vampire. Someone the little group didn't particularly care for.

"Of course I can. I have some strong... friends that could open the tomb for you to retrieve whoever you seek," Elijah stated.

"Wonderful. Would you be willing to?" Ophelia asked him with hope in her pretty eyes.

Elijah stayed silent for a moment mulling it over. Then he realized that if she truly was Klaus' mate like he suspected and he refused to help her...well Elijah suspected that he would find himself daggered for longer than Finn.

"I would be. If you're willing to make a deal," Elijah suggested slowly. Silently knowing that he would help even if she refused the deal. As a sign of good will towards them when truly he just wished to avoid Klaus' wrath.

Ophelia jumps up and down in her seat excitedly for a moment. Her hair bouncing a bit as she did. A small squeal leaving her lips. The idea of seeing Katherine again outside the tomb overwhelmed her senses with joy.

"No! No! No! And did I mention? No!" Damon practically hissed as he spoke to Ophelia specifically.

"Ophelia. I forbid you from making a deal with that man. He is an original we cannot just owe him favors," Damon told Ophelia with an unkind tone.

"Oh shut up Damon. You're not her father," Alaric said having shown up a few minutes ago after they entered the living room.

Damon fell still for a moment. Pure fury covering his face till he did something unexpected. He restrained himself.

He sped away so quickly that he didn't see Ophelia's anger. Her eyes so full of anger that blood vessels began to burst resulting in blood beginning to pool in her eyes.

"OPHELIA!" Stefan called out. His worries proven to be insufficient since she still got hurt.

He sped to her side. Grabbing her shoulders to try and steady her.