seven

A week later Isiah had bough a ring for Florence. She had it on her finger and most of the women in Small Heath had congratulated her. The women in the town knew they had nothing to be worried about when Florence was walking past them unlike her other family members.

All the children loved her when they were playing in the street. She was walking down the road to meet her mum in the betting shop. "Morning Miss Gray." Some of the children had said to her. She replied the same back and smiled at them. All the children she was around made her wish she had a child of her own.

"Mum look!" She had a big smile on her face as she put out her hand for her mum to look at. "It's gorgeous my darling." Polly smiled as she inspected the ring. The mother and daughter duo had been sat in Polls office for a while. Polly was staring at her daughter and Flo was concentrating on colouring in a piece of paper with a pencil.

"Stand up." Polly told her daughter. Flo looked up at her confused. "What? Why?" She questioned. "Just stand up." Polly walked around her desk and cupped her daughters breast. "Woah! What are you doing?" Flo pushed her mums hand off herself. "How late are you." She asked. "A few weeks why?" Flo asked. "Your pregnant." Polly told her.

"What?" Flo was shocked so she sat down with her head in her hands. "Your 19 and not even married yet!" Polly explained. "I know. What am I suppose to do?" She asked her mum. "Do you want to keep it?" Polly questioned. "Of course I do." She exclaimed. "You need to tell him Flo." Polly said as she stood up and and put her arms around her daughter. "But what if he doesn't want it?" She spoke softly with her head leaning on Polly.

"We'll he needs to become more of a man. Takes two to tango darling." Polly told her. "We will go get checked for definite then you can tell him." She carried on talking.

Polly and Florence both went to see a woman to make sure. "So am I?" She asked. "Congratulations." The woman said and left her alone to get changed.

"Keep walking Florence we don't want anyone seeing us." Polly wrapped her arm through her daughters as they carried on walking back home. As they were walking home they saw Micheal and Gina get out of a car. "Mum, Flo." He greeted.

"I'm going home." Florence said as she tried to get away from Pollys grip but her mum kept hold of her firmly. "I wanted you to know Ginas pregnant. We are having a baby." Micheal told his mum and younger sister.

"Congratulations." Flo huffed then Polly let go of her so she took the change to go home. She went into the living room and laid across the sofa. She hated Micheal at the minute and she most definitely hated Gina and the fact they were both expecting at the same time.

"Flo!" She heard the door open and the sound of her older sister. "In the living room." She called out. "What's wrong?" Anna asked as she sat down. "I'm pregnant." She told her. "That's amazing news!" Anna stood up and hugged her little sister. "Has Micheal and Gina told you their news?" Anna asked. "Yes" She sighed. "What's really going on? Your not yourself whenever anyone brings up Micheal." Anna said.

"He said i'm one of them. By meaning i'm a blinder. He knows I never wanted to be part of that. I know what they do but you know I don't agree with any of it." Florence explained. "It's probably just my hormones." She sighed again.

"He's always been a bit of a dick hasn't he?" Anna scoffed. "You can say that again." Polly walked into the room. She sat down next to Florence. "Does she know?" Polly asked Flo nodding towards Anna. "Yes I do! I'm happy for them both." Anna exclaimed. "Have you told Isiah?" Her mum questioned. "Not yet. I will when he comes home." Flo told her.

Isiah still hasn't come home. It was late so she decided to go up to bed. It had been a long day and she just wanted to go to sleep. Not long after she fell asleep, Isiah came home. He went upstairs into their bedroom and got into bed. He kissed Flo on the head and whispered "Good night my love."

The next morning Flo woke up and ran to the bathroom and threw up. As she was throwing up Isiah came behind her and held her hair. "Are you okay?" Isiah asked worriedly. "Yeah." She stood up and threw some cold water on her face.

They walked back into their bedroom and sat on the bed. "Siah, I need to tell you something." Flo started nervously picking at the skin around her nails. "What is it?" He asked looking at his fiancée. "I'm pregnant." She told him.

"That's amazing news!" He jumped off the bed and picked Flo up smiling. Once he put her down he knelt down to her stomach. "So your the one making mummy sick." He laughed as he kissed her stomach. All Flo could do was smile at the fact he was happy they were going to become parents.