fifteen

Everyone was in the betting shop today. Because Ellie hadn't started school yet, she would sit in anyone's office who she chose. Tommy was sat in his office whilst Florence and Ellie were sat with Polly in hers.

Ellie was in the corner drawing, Flo and Poll were sat opposite each other. As Polly was working Flo sat at her mums desk like she did when she was younger drawing on odd pieces of paper.

"She's just like you." Polly pointed out. Flo looked up at her mum then looked at Ellie which then her face lit up. "You'd always take her in if anything happened to me wouldn't you?" Flo asked.

"Of course I would, but what's going to happen?" Polly asked confused. Before Flo could answer Tommy came into the room. "Family meeting."

Flo guessed what this was about, Polly looked at her daughter still confused then walked out into the kitchen. "Ellie stay with Curly. Just for 10 minutes." Florence told her.

Before Flo walked into the kitchen, Tommy stopped her. "I'm letting them know he's here but I won't say anything about what he's done. Just go along with me." Florence nodded at him and then the pair walked in.

Flo stayed stood against the stairs whilst everyone was sat down. "Right, Ellie will be staying with me and Lizzie for the time being." Tommy started. "What you on about? Staying with you?" Isiah piped up.

"There's a man after Florence, and he wants Ellie before her. If he doesn't know where she is the less chance he will get to Florrie." Thomas explained. "This better not be your stupid business Thomas." Polly spat.

"It's not Mum. This man, he thinks he's in love with me. He's a fucking psychopath. He's been like this since we went to school." Florence told her. "James fucking Haywell" Isiah said angrily.

"I'll fucking kill him myself!" He shot. "Stop it Isiah." Florence ran her hand over her face. "Tommys got a plan, leave it to him, he knows everything about him." She said. "He touches one hair on either of my girls Tom you'll be to blame." Isiah walked out into the other room to see Ellie.

"Is that what you were on about before?" Polly asked after everyone left. All Flo did was nodded. She felt like if she spoke then she'd break down again. "Mum I need to tell you something." Flo spoke.

"Anything." Polly took hold of her hand. "When I was 14, he was, still is sick in the head. I never told you because I didn't want you to worry about me. You'd had enough going on." Florence started. Tears were brimming her eyeline.

"He...he touched me and I never wanted it. But he didn't listen and carried on. I'm fucking terrified of him." Florence sobbed into her mums chest. Polly was crying too. She's been in a similar situation before trying to get Micheal out of prison.

"It's alright darling. I'm not letting you go." Polly held her tightly. "Isiah doesn't know. I don't want him to know it would send him off the rails." Florence panicked. "If you don't want him knowing don't tell him." Polly kissed her on the head.

Florence was walking home with Arthur. Tommy said for her to not be alone until James had been dealt with. "He will get him won't he?" She asked. "Yeah. It's our Tommy. Course he will." Arthur reassured. "I'd rather it was me than Ell." She frowned.

"Flo you will both be okay. Look at the family you have." Arthur said. They soon arrived at Flo's house. "Thank you Arthur." She hugged him then he walked off.

"She's in the living room playing." Isiah told her, making Ellie some food. "I'm so sorry." She broke down. "Hey, you've nothing to be sorry for. Come here." He brought her into his arms and held her. "I didn't mean for her to be in danger. Id take a thousand bullets for that little girl in there." She cried. "I know you didn't." He whispered in her ear stroking the back of her neck with his thumb.

"Mummy what's wrong?" Ellie stood in the doorframe playing with her brown curly hair. "Mummy's fine. She's just a bit upset but nothing for you too worry about." Isiah told his daughter. Ellie came in and hugged her mum. "Everything will be okay mummy." Florence kneeled down and wrapped her arms around her daughter and Ellie kissed her on the head.

Ellie wandered off and left her parents sat in the dining room. "She's too pure for this world." Flo smiled. "She is."