thirteen

"Mummy!" Ellie ran through Pollys house to Flo. She picked her up and held her. Ellie began to play with her mums hair. "Have you been a good girl for nanny?" Flo asked smiling. "Yep." Ellie popped the p, nodding her head. "She's always a good girl." Polly stood in the doorway.

"How about you go play with your dolls in the living room?" Polly suggested to Ellie. Polly nodded towards the kitchen for Florence to go in there. She took a seat and looked at her mum. "Micheal and Gina want to go back to America." Polly told her.

It wasn't a suprise to her. She could tell her brother and sister in law didn't want to be in Birmingham. "Let them." Flo said. She wasn't bothered. "He clearly doesn't want to be here." She carried on. "I've got to get home. Ellie come on." She shouted through the house. Polly sighed as they left. All she wanted was Flo and Micheal to get on but since he left her, she'd never forgave him.

Florence had been sat in the pub all night. Isiah was at home looking after Ellie, so Flo was sat in the Garrison with her cousins. Flo was plastered. She had never drank this much in her life. "You need to get home Florrie." Arthur said. "Come on." Tommy held her and walked her home.

"Shit." She held onto the wall in her home. A feeling of sick overcame her so she ran into the bathroom. Once she had finished being sick she went into hers and Isiah's bedroom.

She saw Isiah was asleep so kept as quiet as she could and got into bed.

It was early hours of the morning and Ellie had ran into her parents room and jumped on them. "Jesus Christ!" Flo exclaimed. "It's 5:30am you should still be asleep." Isiah told his daughter. "I'm not tired, I want to see grandads horses." Ellie smiled.

Flo worked out that Aberama had took Ellie to see the horses just like when her own dad would when she was younger. "If he's not busy later we can ask him. Now back to sleep." Isiah said. Ellie got in between her mum and dad under the covers and went back to sleep.

The family woke up to someone knocking on their door. Isiah went downstairs to see who it was whilst Ellie stayed with Florence. "It's Micheal." He shouted up the stairs.

"What do you want Micheal?" Florence sighed as she came down the stairs with Ellie in her arms. "I'm leaving to go back to America." He told her. "Mum said you were. When you leaving?" She asked. "This afternoon. The boat leaves the dock." He explained.

"So I guess this is your goodbye then." She said. All Micheal did was nod. "I won't be coming back either. I want out of this life. I'm not bringing my kids up around it." Micheal told her.

"Fair enough. Goodbye Micheal." She said looking at the door. Micheal pulled her into his arms and held her tightly. "I'm sorry for everything. Your my little sister and didn't deserve any of it." He whispered in her ear.

Florence had forgave him after he said that. But now he left. Just like everyone else. A few tears brimmed her eyes as he left. "Ellie go get some breakfast with daddy. I'll be back in a minute." She put her daughter down and ushered her into the kitchen.

"Micheal!" She ran out the door and shouted him. He turned around and she put her arms around him. "I know we haven't been civil for the past couple of years. But I forgive you. And you have anymore children, you ring me and tell me. If your not coming here, I'll come there." She smiled. "I will." He whispered as he held his sister for the last time.

"Have you told mum and Anna?" She asked. "Yeah I wanted to see you last and leave on a good note." He kissed her forehead like he did when she was little. "Bye Florrie." He said and began to walk away.

"Have you had your breakfast already?" Flo came behind her daughter. "Yep, daddy made it and i finished it all!" Ellie giggled. "Good girl!" Flo said proudly. "You want to go see nanny and grandad?" Flo asked. "Yeah!" Ellie jumped off her chair.

"Nanny! Grandad! Uncle Bonnie!" Ellie shouted through Pollys house. "How's my favourite little girl?" Aberama asked as he just come through the door behind them. "Grandad! Can we go see the horses?" Ellie asked as Aberama picked her up.

"If it's okay with your mum" He said looking at Flo. "Course she can." Florence accepted. "Alright Flo." Bonnie came down the stairs. "Yeah!" She said and gave him a smile. "Can we all go see the horses?" Ellie asked.

Florence, Isiah, Polly, Aberama, Bonnie, Anna and Ellie all went down to Charlie's yard. Ellie was holding Polly and Aberamas hand walking down the path and Isiah had his arm over Flo's shoulders.

"We should get her a horse." Isiah said. "We can't afford one." Flo said. "You have one." He said. "That's different, mine was bought off the money dad left me. If we could afford it i'd buy her one." Flo smiled sadly.

"Your whole family's rich..." Isiah started. "Apart from us. They all live in their big houses, can afford proper food, have maids and chefs. We spent all our money on Ell just so she'd live." Flo cut him off. "Daddy come!" Ellie squealed. Isiah walked over to Ellie and the rest of Flo's family.

"Why haven't you told us?" Anna came behind her sister. "What are you on about?" Flo asked. "Don't play dumb. Your struggling to afford things." Anna said. "Don't Anna." She said. "How long have you been struggling to buy things." She asked. "Since Ellie turned 1." Flo admitted.

"You should have told us." Anna sighed. "Why? I don't want money off any of you. We are happy as we are." Florence told her.