nineteen

A few days later Flo had been back at home with her husband and daughter. She was laying in bed most days. She wanted to shut the world off in her head to give herself some space. Ellie would often come in and as smart as she was for her age she would just lie there in a comfortable silence next to her mother.

"Is Mummy sick?" She heard Ellie asked Isiah outside the door. "No. Sometimes mummy just needs some space. It can get hectic sometimes and she just needs that space to calm down." Isiah explained to their daughter. "I think she could do with a big hug from her favourite girl." Isiah said as he opened the door for Ellie to run over to Florence.

"Me and daddy are going to see some horses soon, do you want to come mummy?" Ellie invited. "I'm going to stay here my darling, mummy can't walk very far anymore." Flo pointed at her large bump. "Have the best time!" Flo pulled her into a hug. "I'll see you later my love." Isiah kissed the stop of her head.

Isiah and Ellie had been gone for over an hour. Florence was hoping they'd be back soon as she was having lots of stomach pains. She thought they were braxton hicks but shortly afterwards her water broke. "Shit! No! No! Not now!" She muttered to herself.

She made it to the phone to ring Polly. "Mum. My waters have broke." She panicked. "Where's Isiah?" Polly asked. "Him and Ellie have gone to spend the day seeing horses." She told her. "Mum please come quickly." Florence said. "I'm coming now." Polly ended the phone call.

Another hour had passed by and she was in so much pain. She was sitting down, walking around the living room doing anything she could to keep herself active. This baby was coming soon and she knew it. She was petrified. After nearly dying in her first birth, she was scared of a repeat but alone.

She heard a car come down the gravel driveway. The fucking gardener that's who it was. "Mrs Jesus?" He asked concerned. "I need you to go to the horse fields and get Isiah. Tell him i've gone into labour." She instructed. "Yes of course. Your okay by yourself?" He questioned. "Mums on her way. I'll be fine." She reassured.

She went up to the bedroom and had an urge to push. "No! No! Not yet! Please!" She panicked. "Florence?" Polly shouted through the house. "I'm upstairs!" She shouted down. "Mum help me please!" Florence stressed. "Shit. Push for me love." Polly said.

Florence took deep breaths, sweating and panting. She groaned as she pushed again. "Come on darling your doing amazing." Polly rubbed her ankle as she helped guide her grandson into the world. "Good girl. Well done. Well done darling." Polly smiled as she wrapped her grandson in a blanket and passed him to her daughter.

Small cry's came from the boy, he looked exactly like his father. As Polly tidied up, Flo's eyes never left her boy. Isiah came through the door. He stood and admired his wife and son who laid on the bed. "I'll go see Ellie." Polly smiled as she walked out the room.

"Flo i'm sorry i wasn't here." He looked into her eyes. "It's okay. We are both okay." She smiled. "You want to hold him?" She asked. He nodded and took his son into his arms. "He needs a name." She smiled. "William Arthur Gray-Jesus." He said. "Perfect." Florence kissed her husband.

A/N - I've currently started writing a new story. It's called 'Blackbird' and the first three chapters are out now.