twelve

Three years had passed and since then Florence officially became a Jesus. Their daughter, Ellie, was nearly three, and Tommy had messed with the New York mafia which meant afterwards the family had gone separate ways and hadn't really spoke to each other.

Florence had fallen out with Tommy since the day Isiah got shot and nearly died. She would go to his house but only for the sake of Charlie and Ruby.

It was late at night and Ellie was struggling to sleep which meant Flo sat in her room with her playing with her hair trying to get her to sleep. "Mummy?" Ellie asked tiredly. Florence hummed in response for her to carry on. "Can I play with my dolls with daddy?" Ellie had a smile on her face to show as if she wasn't tired but Flo knew she was shattered.

"Daddy's at work. It's just me and you. You are tired mrs and should be asleep." Florence continued playing with her hair. "Why does Daddy work so much?" Ellie asked. For a three year old she was pretty smart. Where no one knew where she got that from.

"So we can live in a house and pay to eat. Now come on it's bedtime. I'll tell daddy to give you a kiss when he comes home." Florence kissed her daughters head and turned the light off and shut the door.

Florence went downstairs and as she poured a glass of whiskey the phone rang. She walked to the phone and answered it. "Hello?" "Florence it's Lizzie, Tommys away and not answering the fucking phone." She said. "What's wrong?" Flo asked. "Rubys not well. She's saying these Gypsy words." Lizzie continued. "What's she saying Lizzie?" Flo asked worried. "Tickna mora, o beng" Lizzie told her. "Fuck. I'll ring mum then i'm coming over. Try Tommy as much as you can." Florence put the phone down the ran upstairs getting changed.

She woke up Ellie and told her they were going for an adventure to Tommy and Lizzies. The mother and daughter ran out the house and across the road to Pollys.

She banged her hand on the door multiple times until Polly answered the door. "It's Ruby. Lizzie rang me. She's saying Tickna mora, O beng." Flo told Polly. "She needs a black madonna. I've got one, give me a minute. Get her in the car." Polly said.

"Mummy what's those funny words?" Ellie asked as Flo put her in the back of the car. "Just another language darling. Now are you ready to go to Lizzies?" Flo smiled. Polly got in the car and then Flo drove off too Tommy and Lizzies house.

A few hours later, Florence put Ellie to bed in a spare room of Tommys house as Polly and Lizzie stayed downstairs with Ruby. "What's matter with Ruby?" Ellie asked as she cuddled up with her favourite toy (her bunny).

"She's not very well. Now get some sleep darling." Flo kissed her daughters head. "Night mummy." Ellie said as Flo walked out the room.

"Auntie Florrie." Ruby coughed. "I'm here." Florence came and sat with her arms around Ruby. As they sat there, they were waiting for the doctor to arrive. Polly and Lizzie left the room to wait for the doctor.

"Will I get better?" Ruby whispered. "Yeah, the doctors coming to make you better." Flo kissed her head. "Stay with me?" She asked. "Of course I will." Flo held her tightly.

The doctor had been and said that Ruby should go to the hospital. Florence had kept her promise and stayed with Ruby. As Ruby slept she came out the room. Tommy was stood there with Polly and Lizzie.

"You better go in there Tommy. She's been asking for you." Florence told him. Tommy didn't say anything and walked into the room his daughter was in.

"Where's Ell?" Florence asked Polly. "She's at ours. One of the maids are keeping her eye on her." Lizzie said. "Get yourself home Flo. Ellie needs you. Me and Tommy will be alright." Lizzie gave a small smile.

Florence arrive back to Watery Lane early in the morning with Ellie. Isiah was in the kitchen and Ellie ran through. Florence went into the living room and sat on the sofa. She needed a minute to herself.

"Siah!" Flo sighed. She wrapped her arms around her husband. "I'm so tired." She closed her eyes and put her head into his neck. "I'll take Ellie for the day. Get some sleep." Isiah kissed her. "Come to bed with me." She asked. "I'll ring mum to look after Ellie." Even though she was tired she couldn't stop smirking at him.

Once Polly came and picked Ellie up, Isiah and Flo had the house to themselves. "I want another baby." Flo said as Isiah poured them some whiskey. "Are you sure? We have already had one." He said. "She's growing up and i would have millions of children with you." She said as she began to kiss his neck. "Flo!" Isiah groaned as she sat herself on him and began to move.