Crocodile tears🥦💥

Based on a fic on AO3. Filler chapter.

Uraraka never knew this would be how she died. Murdered by her class for forgetting her work. Aizawa had agreed that if everyone did their projects and no one got detention, they would get Monday off. Even Bakugou was happy. She was doomed.  

On the way to class, she heard Bakugou yelling at Sero to make sure they remembered their work. Why didn't she take this time to check herself? "Is something wrong?" Uraraka looked up at Midoriya and frowned. "I um. I forgot my project." Yells were heard from all over the room. "What the hell Pink cheeks!" Bakugou yelled. Uraraka mumbled a sorry. "Kacchan calm down. Aizawa isn't here yet. I'll go and get it, where is it? Just try to relax and make an excuse for why I'm late. He'll believe it if I'm late." "My desk. Thank you." Deku smiled at the girl and took the key, right as he did Aizawa walked in. Uraraka was doomed.

Midoriya and Bakugou nodded to each other as everyone went to their seats. Maybe they had a plan. God help her. Bakugou reached into his bag and pulled out the English homework. He opened it and changed a few answers before standing up. The class watched as Bakugou went up to their teacher's desk. "Sensei, check my homework before English." "That's what you have an English teacher for." Aizawa didn't even look up at the boy. "Just... please. I need you to check it. I don't think I got these right and I don't want his help. I... I need yours." The last phrase was said quietly but everyone heard. Kirishima looked around the class, making sure everyone heard. This couldn't be their plan. Midoriya held Uraraka's key in his hand. There wasn't any way for him to sneak out yet. Aizawa was more aware of everyone now. He looked around the class, trying to figure out if any of the students knew what was happening but they were just as confused as he was. If anyone left they would be caught almost immediately.

Aizawa took the work from the boy. "What... what question did you need help on." Bakugou pointed at a question, Aizawa read through it and paused. "You didn't spell this right. There's no 'a' and this is an 'an'." Everyone knew what he had done. Bakugou was great at English, everyone went to him for help. He did this on purpose. This was unexpected. Bakugou would never let anyone look down on him but here he was asking his teacher for help when he had made a mistake. 

Bakugou's shoulder slumped. The class stared at the two and then at Midoriya. Was this all fake? "Fuck." Was the only word muttered by the blonde. Aizawa's eyes widened but he tried his best to hide it. There was no way he was going to ruin the one chance he had to help the student who never reached out. "Bakugou, you can't be perfect at everything. It's alright to make mistakes, it's what makes you human." Aizawa tried to explain but was cut off by a small disbelieving laugh. Bakugou ran a hand through his hair as if he was stressed. "Perfect at everything?" His voice was shaky. The class looked back at Midoriya, who was waiting patiently. "This was the one thing I was still good at but now..." He paused before muttering. "I'm fucking that up as well." The class couldn't believe what they were hearing. Aizawa was now fully focused on Bakugou. "You haven't failed anything, Bakugou. In fact, you're almost top of the class. It's ok-" "Almost top of the class," Bakugou was now tightly gripping his hair as his teacher's eyes followed him with concern. "Just like I almost got away from the league, but I fucked that up too. Now Almights fucking gone... and I can't even get an English question right. And-" Aizawa was watching his student unravel with his mouth agape. He blinked and stood up, pulled Bakugou's hand away from his hair and guided him to his own seat. Bakugou was breathing heavily, while Midoriya was trying to hold in a laugh. Aizawa looked lost, no one could really blame him though.

Then he burst into tears. No one was prepared for that. Midoriya covered his mouth to prevent laughing and left the room quietly. Aizawa was too focused on the hysterical blonde to even notice the boy leave. He looked as if he was in a nightmare and clearly was trying to think of a way to help. He patted the boy on the back, only to have the blonde tense up and cry more making him stop. The blonde had his face in his hands and let out another sob. Uraraka looked at her friends. Todoroki had his mouth open in shock. "It's clear we haven't been focusing on your mental health. I'm sorry for that." Aizawa paused, he was muttering frantically trying to think of what to say. "It's more than okay to feel like this. I believe it would be best to go to Hound Dog's office, you clearly need to take to someone about this." Aizawa was about to turn around, making Midoriya drop to the floor, when Bakugou stood up as well. "No, it's fine. I shouldn't be bothering you with this. It's my fucking problem, so I should fucking deal with it." Bakugou went to walk away as he tried to get rid of the tears in their eyes. The class was shocked. He actually looked as if he was bawling his eyes out. Aizawa immediately turned around and tried to backtrack, desperately wishing to take back his words. "No, that's not what I want or mean. You don't have to deal with things like this alone." He pushed Bakugou back into his seat, and Midoriya took his chance to make a break for it. 

He did not stand up to finish his escape, but instead army crawled out of the class. Uraraka couldn't believe this wasn't a hallucination. This couldn't be real, she had clearly gone crazy. Midoriya waved to the girl once he was out of there and booked it to the dorms. She blinked in surprise but was brought to reality by another sob. The class spent the next five minutes in disbelief as they watched the awkward attempts of Aizawa comforting Bakugou. Everyone held their breaths, thinking that any sound would break Aizawa out of whatever trance he was in and realise that Midoriya had gone missing. Uraraka couldn't help but admit this was a great distraction. No one had ever seen this much emotion from Bakugou, it felt wrong in a weird way. The breakdown had gotten to a point where she and the other students had to wonder if this was even fake anymore. Aizawa was listening to the boy ramble incoherently about how much he had failed and just weeping uncontrollably. Then Midoriya appeared, he stepped into the class and placed her work on the floor next to his desk, which held all the other pieces of work. Aizawa didn't even notice. He smiled innocently at the class and sat down. He nodded at Bakugou, who only rubbed his eyes in response. Maybe Bakugou was a theatre kid in another life because he made the whole experience even more dramatic.

"Do you think I can still be a hero? Am I just going to fail at that too?" Midoriya covered his mouth. Honestly, he was going to blow the cover before Bakugou would. Aizawa froze again, the poor man was about to have a heart attack. "Bakugou, I have no doubt that you will be an amazing hero. If not you wouldn't be in this class." Then Bakugou's behaviour completely changed. He stood up and calmly went back to his desk but not before saying one last thing to his teacher. "Thanks sensei, helped me work through some shit there but I reckon I'm good now." He reached down and grabbed Uraraka's work. "Think you dropped this." Then he patted his teacher on the shoulder.

Midoriya and Bakugou looked at their teacher in pure innocence. Aizawa was clearly lost but gained control. The second Aizawa turned around, Bakugou gave Midoriya a high five, both grinning. "What the fuck just happened?" Kaminari questioned Kirishima, only to get pure silence. "You haven't been that dramatic since we were 7!" Bakugou snorted in response. "I told you, I want that day off. I'm not missing uncle's visit." Then he turned to Uraraka. "You owe me big time." She could only nod and thank him. Kirishima pointed accusingly at him, eyes narrowed. "You are an evil, evil little boy. Scheming bastard." Bakugou looked taken aback but then smirked. Then Koda spoke up. "Where the fuck did you learn to do that." 

1475 words