05 | She's Okay

MINJI

Meeting Room. Morning.

While I'm in meeting, Haerin keep calling me. Of course I didn't answer it because this meeting is important.

"U-uh. Excuse me Lady Kim and Mrs. Hwangs."

I looked at Sio and so Yeji stopped talking.

"Lady Kim, Haerin kept calling you but you're not answering it, the call is important because Haerin found a guy choking miss Pham."

"WHAT?!?!"

I stood up slamming my hand on the table and immediately got out from the meeting room.

"Where are they right now?!"

"Miss Pham is at the nearest hospital while the guy is at police station."

"Call Danielle!"

"She's already at the parking lot Lady Kim."

"You may go back to work, tell to Hwang couple to re-schedule the meeting."

"Yes Lady Kim."

I left the building and immediately entered the van when I reached the parking lot.

"Where's Haerin?"

"She's at the hospital right now."

"How is Hanni?"

"They're still checking her up."

"Did Haerin mentioned the name of the guy?"

"Yeah, he's Jeon Jungkook."

"Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yeah."

"I already know the reason why he did that."

"Can you drive faster Dani? I'm worried."

"Sure."

Danielle drove faster and I started thinking if I should let him in the jail or just finish him. Maybe finishing him would shut his life up. We soon arrived the hospital and straight to Hanni's place.

"Haerin. How is she?"

"She's still breathing don't worry. Her heart just stopped but continued to beat again."

"That's..... good to know."

"Maybe he did that for revenge. Remember the thing we did?"

"I know. It's time for revenge again."

"Can you give me a time here with her?"

Haerin stood up with a nod.

"Sure Lady Kim."

"Thank you for saving her by the way."

"She's also my friend, so no worries. Thanks."

I sat down on the chair where Haerin is sitting while ago. I stared at Hanni and held her hand. I failed to protect her at her first day with me.

"Take a rest honey, but not forever."

She moved her head and slowly opened her eyes and landed on me.

"Minji....."

I smiled and she gave me a weak smile too.

"Are you okay now? Of course you're not. Take a rest honey, you will not going at work with me anymore."

"Hey no... I still want to go work with you..."

"No honey. After what happened, I'm not gonna let you come with me again."

"Hey... it's okay... I'm okay..."

I smiled and kissed the back of her hand.

"I'm glad you're okay now honey, but no. I'm not gonna let you. You're in grade twelve right? You will be studying again."

"W-wait what...?"

"Yes. I want you to finish your studies. But if you really doesn't want it, then I'm not gonna force you. But you will not going with me at work anymore."

"Thank you Minji..."

"Always welcome. Sorry too, if I didn't protect you from him."

"It's okay. But... may I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

I'm ready for what she's gonna ask.

"Are you really killing people...?"

"I do, but not the innocents ones. But if I say yes, are you going to be mad at me or avoid me?"

"No. I just wanna know. I'm not gonna be mad or avoid or whatever to you."

"Sure. Yes. I kill people. For revenge."

"Very... understandable..."

"I'm glad you understand."

"Of course."

She moved her body to right, leaving a space and then she tapped the space.

"Come here."

I stared at it and she squeezed my hand.

"Come on Minji."

I nodded and lay beside her. We look at each other's eyes and a few seconds later I let my impulsive thoughts win and kissed her lips. Of course she responded until someone came in. Why is that? Why is there always a disturbance? We stopped immediately and she suddenly pushed me out of the hospital bed causing me to fall so fucking hard on the floor and makes my butt hurt.

"Damn Hanni, that's terrible."

I cursed and she looked at me with a piece sign.

"Uhm hehe. Sorry for disturbing both of you but may I check on miss Pham first?"

"Sure, of course."

I moved away and rolled my eyes to her. God, my as was hurt now. How could she push me like that. What if I did that to her too? Damn it.

"She's okay now miss Kim, she can breath normally now as you can see. All she need right now is a rest, don't worry about her heart, it beats the same and normal like before."

I smiled and thanked him.

"Can she go home like today?"

"Oh yes of course miss Kim."

"That's great. Thanks, just wait for me and I'll do the bill things."

"Sure miss Kim, ahem. I'm out now."

I bowed politely and my face went to serious one again as I turn my head to Hanni. She just smiled cutely at me with a heart shape hand.

"Sorry~ come on, I'm sorry~"

"That hurts you know?"

"I didn't know~"

I'm such a revengeful person so I lay back down again and now it's my turn to push her down the hospital bed.

"OUCH!!"

"Sorry."

She stood up holding her ass and pout at me.

"It hurts."

"I didn't know."

I said what she said a few seconds ago and she lay down back.

"You're really a revengeful girl, I hate you."

"Everyone does hate me and I know."

She looked at me and and shook her head.

"No. I'm just kidding. I don't hate you. No, everyone doesn't hate you. It's just you, hating yourself."

"Nope. What I said is true."

"And nope. What you said is a lie."

*
normalize making everything fast 👺👺👺.

(may 18, 2023)