18 | Your Eyes Tells The Truth

HANNI

Office. Evening.

We've arrived the building and we take out a food. For me and Minji, and then for Hae and Dani. They say they'll eat at the cafeteria and so I went straight to Minji's office, and then there, I saw her sleeping in her desk, head resting on her arm, face covered with her hair. I placed down the food and tucked her hair behind her ear. Minji's eyes were puffy, she cried? But why...?

I stared at her for a moment thinking why she cried. Did something happened? What made her cry? Did she cry in a movie? Horror? No, she doesn't like horror movies. What's wrong?

She moved her head and got awaken.

"Oh– did I disturb you?"

She shook her head and immediately fixed herself.

"No, no. You didn't. Just arrived?"

"Yeah... did you cry?"

"Uhm– no? Have you seen me crying?"

"No, but look at your eyes."

"No, no, I really didn't, it's nothing."

"No..."

I went towards her and hugged her tight, whatever the reason why she cried, I hope she's fine now. Even tho I know she's just pretending to look normal right now.

"I know you cried, please don't lie..."

"I-I'm not... lying."

"You are. And you're making me cry right now."

"Eeehh?? Why??"

"I feel like you don't trust me for not telling me that you cried something"

To be honest, I like her hugs, touches and kisses. And I'm missing it right now.

She walk back until she sat on the sofa and I am sitting on her lap right now which is I need. Need her cuddle.

"Of course I trust you. I actually trust you more than my family."

"Don't be like that to your family. They are still your family."

"I know. I just want you to know."

"Now I know. But why do you have to lie?"

"Okay, okay. Yeah, I cried. And I didn't meant to lie to you, I just don't like to admit that sometimes I'm a crybaby for something small and stupid things."

"Well, you need to admit, and now you admit that."

"What's the reason why you cried?"

I asked.

"....."

"Hey. I asked you, what made you cry?"

I looked at her and she's just staring at me.

"Me? I'm the reason? But why?"

"No... no, no, of course no. It's just something stupid haha..."

"And I wanna know that something stupid."

She isn't giving me any emotion or face.

"Do you have any problems? I will listen, tell me everything you are thinking right now."

"It's, it's really nothing."

"You are hiding something from me Minji. And I don't like it..."

"Why did I cry?"

"Yes."

"It-it will be embarrassing but I cried over a bear plushie."

She answered and I looked at her eyes to see if she's saying the truth or nah.

"Your eyes are telling me not to believe. Tell me something to believe at you."

"W-well..."

I raised my one brow and I saw her gulp. She's not telling the truth. And I'm starting to get curious. What if she really cried because of me? Because of work? Stress? Problems? Mental health?

"Well? I'm getting curious. Just let me know..."

"I have a question first, don't be nervous, feel something or what okay?"

"Mhm. Sure."

"You sure huh."

"Yyeeahh."

"Do you think you're in love?"

"That thing. I'm still processing that. Because..."

She raised her one brow looking at me with a curiosity.

"Because???"

"Is it okay to say this?"

"Yeah of course. As long as you're okay with it."

"Thanks."

"This, I like someone. But, they're just not one. They're two. And I'm not sure who among them I really love."

"Oh. I clearly understand. Dad used to be in that situation too."

"Really? How'd he solved and knew the one he really love?"

"To be honest, I don't know. Talk to him if you want. I'll give you his number."

"Thanks, that would help."

The whole room went silence but not awkward. Just a comforting silence. I started it, I kissed her neck to lips and responded to it, but that's just a tease. I'm having my period and I don't like the idea of making out. I stopped and looked at her disappoint face.

"Whatt???"

"I'm just playing around. I'm on my period."

"Naaahh waaeee???"

"You know, let's just eat"

I laughed and tried to stand up but I still end up sitting on her lap when she pulled my wrist down.

"You disappointed me, let's just stay like this for a moment."

"Alright, if you say so."

HAERIN

Cafeteria. Evening.

"Uhm, are you free tonight Dani?"

"Yeah? Why?"

"Can we talk? I have something to tell."

"Lol of course. If you want, you can tell me like right now."

"I-I don't know what will be your reaction so I-I'm nervous to tell it right now..."

"Oh. Sure, don't worry. Whatever the thing you will tell me, it's gonna be okay, my reaction? I don't know, but I know that it's gonna be alright, okay?"

I smiled and lowered my head to hide my damn red face.

"Y-yeah... thank you..."

"For what? Haha"

"N-nothing... a-about uhm, everything?"

"Don't talk like that haha, it sounds like you're saying goodbye already."

"Yeah but what if?"

"Yah, yah, yah! Don't say that I'm gonna cry as fuck if that happens."

"I-is that how much you love me?"

"I-I– of course. T-that's not it actually.."

I looked at her eyes and she seems saying the truth...

"T-then... it's.... good to hear..."

*
this chapter got dump for two days before i got this finish 💀

happy bday to my wifey, hwang yeji btw!!

(may 26, 2023)