07 | Samuel Kim

HANNI

Mall. Afternoon.

She bought almost all the things I touched and you know, as a person, I am ashamed that she's buying the things that me or dad can't afford.

"I told you to stop worrying honey, it's okay. Don't worry about the money or whatever. I own many branches, I produce my own money alone, I can buy all of the things you want."

God. How can someone this be rich and at the same time handsome hot?

"Since I own you, you gotta need to tell me anything you want. Okay?"

"I-I can't! I might look like a gold digger!"

She smiled and caressed my cheeks.

"We both know you're not. I know you will never be. You're such an angel for that role. Don't mind what will people gonna say, they are just jealous because you got me. And how don't you even know me? I'm literally the daughter of the richest man in the whole world? The great-grand daughter of the president?"

"Wait– what?? You are.... Samuel Kim?!"

"Yeah? How can't you recognize me tho?"

I looked at her head to toe and back to her eyes.

"You're different!"

"What?"

"You've grown up well. I used to be your number one fan back then."

She chuckles and kissed my temple.

"Okay so you must be the luckiest fan ever."

I smiled widely and looked at her. She looks different now. She isn't the loud, naughty, smiley, energetic, colorful, talkative kid anymore. She changed a lot. And one more reason is dad sold our tv when mom is at the hospital, that's when I stopped seeing her in the screen, I never got a phone and dad never let me use one. I honestly missed her a lot. Her face in the screen, her smiles, her laughs, her loudness the six year old Samuel Kim that now is Kim Minji.

"You okay?"

"Yeah."

"You don't seem. What's wrong?"

"Nothing, may I use restroom first?"

"Sure, but I'll come with you."

"Hae, Dani, wait for us here."

"Yes Lady Kim."

We go inside the restroom and I hugged her tightly before she let go of my waist.

Restroom. Afternoon.

"What's wrong honey?"

"I had a big crush on you when I was a kid, you know!? I always wish, pray and hope that someday I could see you, touch you, talk to you, befriends with you before. And without realizing or knowing, god already heard my wishes and prayers."

A tears escaped from my eyes as I sob, she guided me with her inside the stall and locked it.

"You don't know how much happy I am right now Minji."

"I'm happy too. I know we never met before but I'm happy for you."

"My crazy habit when I was a kid, having a huge crush on you is to imagine and do fake scenarios with you."

"That's normal. Do you still do?"

"Of course! But I didn't know that my scenarios are becoming true. I finally talked to you, touched you, befriends with you and even kiss with you!"

I sob and she just caressed my hair.

MINJI

Restroom. Afternoon.

I smile while she tell me how much she liked me when we were kids. I found it cute, this is the first time I saw her crying. Her voice cracking and I laugh at it silently, her cracking voice sounds cute.

But uh-uh, I'm not falling in love. I'm not in love. I'll never fall in love, Sakura is the last.

"How come your name became Minji and not Samuel?"

"Kim Minji is really my real name, Samuel Kim is just my nickname. WHEN I was a kid. I don't like them to call me Samuel anymore."

"Why?"

"I'm not the Samuel Kim anymore."

"I see. You changed a lot."

"Be used to honey."

"I know. I checked my wrist watch and it's already six p.m. almost seven. She broke the hug and I wiped her tears and kissed the bottom of her eyes. I fixed her hair and placed a kiss in her lips. I think I'm the most sweetest person being.

"It's almost seven, do you want to eat now?"

"I don't know..."

"What?"

"What about you? Are you hungry?"

"A little?"

"Then let's go eat."

"Okay."

I wrapped my hands around her waist and we both left the stall. I swear, her body is the best apart from her personality.

We entered in a fast food chain and ordered. Danielle and Haerin will be in the same table with us because why not? I used to eat alone and I just found out that eating with someone is much more fun than eating alone, now I understand why Hanni doesn't like eating alone.

Fast Food Chain. Evening.

"If you start studying, I want you to have a bodyguard—"

"I can be her bodyguard!"

Haerin cut me off and we three looked at her.

"Okay?"

"It's okay Minji since we're kinda getting close now!"

"Okay."

"When will Hanni gonna start studying?"

Danielle asked.

"When she got into her university. I have to enroll her first."

"Can I do it instead? I know how to, you have some works to finish too"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I can do it"

"Okay thanks."

"Uh– am I disturbance on you all's work??"

Hanni asked and we three immediately shook our heads like, really a sync.

"No!"

"Of course not!"

"Hanni of course not! Dzuh!!"

She smiled and lowered her head. I got worried that she might be thinking that she's a disturbance so I lifted her chin up to look at me.

"No, of course you're not disturbance for us. And you will never be a disturbance to us, right??"

I looked at the two and they both nodded at the same time.

"See? You're not. Don't think that way, okay? We'll not gonna like it."

I looked at the two and they were hiding their face with the menu book, I removed the menu book in their face and their eyes are closed.

"What the fuck you two doing?"

"AH! Nothing! We– we just thought you two will uhm, you know! So of course! We need to protect our beautiful eyes!!!"

Danielle answered as Haerin nodded.

"I-I think she's the right one for you!!"

Haerin out of nowhere said and I just threw them the menu book. How these two even became my friends and bodyguards? That's weird. And also, there's no right one for the other one, what does she mean? How many times do I have to repeat it?

*
why's being aromantic (me) so hard 😭

(may 19, 2023)