one

(h/c) = hair color

(s/c) = skin color

(e/c) = eye color

Day 1 Final Selection Mountain

"The islands in the south are warm~ heads are all a-swoon-swoon, buncha fools~ NEXT VERSE- oh wait, I'm here!"

A girl was walking up the mountain with a forest of purple, glowing flowers. The girl's (h/c) locks flowed in the wind. Her (e/c) eyes scanned the area in awe as she glanced at the flowers known as wisteria. She stared at them in amazement. Her (s/c) skin glistened through the night.

"Awesome!" She marveled. Her name is Monkey D. Y/N, and she was on this mountain for a reason.

For a job.

The girl looked forward to see a gate. As she got closer, she saw some people gathered around. She blinked in confusion as she frowned at them all. Only like 5 stood out. What a boring crowd. At least, she stood out.

She was wearing a red haori with a jolly roger on them. She was wearing shorts with her sandals. No socks. It was like a law for her--no socks. She had a big basket on her back that basically stood out the most of her outfit.

How could she even move with that huge thing on?

And of course, who could forget her most important feature--her straw hat? It sat comfortably upon her head, her (h/c) locks laying behind it.

There were only four people who actually stood out to Y/N.

One boy had burgundy hair and red vibrant eyes. He was wearing a cloud styled top and had a fox mask on the side of his head. He's aura seemed warm.

Another boy had yellow hair. Like ACTUALLY. It wasn't blonde, it was absolutely yellow. His top had triangles on it. It was interesting.

A girl with brown hair had a butterfly hairpin, holding up her ponytail. Her outfit was pink--she looked so comfortable and serene.

The last one that caught her eye was a boy with black hair and a mohawk. He had a scar across his face and his presence just screamed anger issues.

Y/N grinned excitedly. She really hoped that they were interesting!

"Everyone." Two monotonous voices rang out, catching everyone's attention. Y/N's eyes shifted over to two little kids in the front. They were side by side. Y/N blinked in amazement as she noticed that they looked exactly the same other than their hair color and other small details. "We thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection."

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." The child with white hair told the crowd.

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate, bloom here year round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." The kid with black hair added on.

Y/N squinted at the sky. She could've sworn she saw a bird. It looked yummy.

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound. And they will no hesitate to eat you alive."

Are these flowers edible?

"You'll need to survive here for seven days in order to pass Final Selection."

Man, Y/N was STARVING.

"And now, be on your way." The two children bowed and people started to head through the gates right past them.

...