eight

mp/n = mispronounced name

Outside the Tsuzumi Mansion

"Eh? Zenitsu? Why is your eye blue?"

Everyone was still deadpanning when Y/N hopped down, completely disregarding the hole in the wall. She had went over to Zenitsu, who was getting beat the fuck up before she came. The girl lifted his face by his forehead to get a better look at it. Zenitsu quickly latched onto the girl's waist and started crying.

"Y/N-CHAN!! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE! THAT BOAR THING WAS BEATING ME UP FOR NO REASON!!" The yellow slayer cried to her.

"Eh? Tanjiro, your nose is bleeding." The girl said, completely moving on for Zenitsu.

"Huh? Oh yeah, but Y/N-san, why did you-"

"DON'T IGNORE ME!! WHO EVEN ARE YOU?! YOU WANNA GO?!" The new guy, or 'the talking meat' as Y/N knows him. Y/N blinked at him in confusion while Zenitsu and Tanjiro sent him annoyed looks.

"Who's that?" The girl asked, pointing at the guy. She didn't recognize him because his boar mask was off. Blood was running down his forehead.

"That's the guy who beat me up!" Zenitsu muttered.

"His name is Inosuke. He just said that." Tanjiro sweatdropped.

"He beat you up?" Y/N asked, looking at Zenitsu, who nodded. "Is that why you look like you've been run over?"

"THAT'S A HARSH WAY TO PUT IT!"

"He hurt you too, Tanjiro?"

"No, I'm fine-"

"I SAID DON'T IGNORE ME!"

The girl pried Zenitsu off of her as she walked forward. She frowned at him as she got closer to the feminine looking boy.

"So you wanna fight me?! Bring it on, girl-"

The boy was quickly cut off by a hard punch to the face.

The guy flew a distance before hitting the ground.

"I HEARD A CRACK! DID YOU BREAK HIS JAW?!"

"Y-Y/N-san?! Why did you hit him?" Tanjiro asked, still in shock. This is the second time both of her slayer companions have seen her cut somebody off with a punch. Y/N puffed out on cheek in displeasure.

"Just because."

"Huh? AAHH, I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT KIYOSHI!!"

Kiyoshi, Teruko, Shoichi, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu deadpanned as they watched Y/N panic about the boy who had made it out of the mansion before her. The slayers had let the dude, who Y/N learned was named Inosuke, to rest. Tanjiro's haori as a pillow, Zenitsu as a blanket, and Y/N just threw her's on top of his face. Tanjiro moved it though so Inosuke could breathe.

"Y/N?" Kiyoshi walked up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Eh? Not now, Kiyoshi, I gotta go find- OH KIYOSHI!!" The girl grinned at the boy as he sweatdropped at her slowness. "When did you get here?"

"I came out with Teruko and Tanjiro."

"Ohhhhhh. I don't get it."

"Huh? Well, anyway, here's your hat back. I'm happy you're okay." The oldest sibling told her with a smile as he handed her the straw hat. The girl gave him a toothy grin as she took it into her hands.

"Thanks! See? I promised I was gonna make sure to get you home, and I'm gonna keep it!" She told the boy as she ruffled his hair.

"I know. It really did help though! Every time I got scared, I would just look at the hat and it made me feel better!"